Woking FC Reboot - help strengthen Dowse’s squad

Nick

Woking FC Reboot - help strengthen Dowse’s squad

Post by Nick » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:53 am

The Donate a Ticket campaign

As thoughts turn to the possible resumption of football in the early autumn we want to come together to strengthen Dowse’s budget for next season. Several fans have already asked how they can get involved as season ticket prices in the past few seasons have been kept low to encourage fans to buy in in other ways.

Read more ➡️ https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... e-s-squad/

AndyT

Re: Woking FC Reboot - help strengthen Dowse’s squad

Post by AndyT » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 am

So how does this actually work? How does the club actually benefit?

Personally I'm happy and ready to buy a season ticket for next season (irrespective of when it is likely to commence or for how long) right now and obviously that is a direct payment to the club.

Also can't the club just get supporters to increase their BTB contributions? Again this is regular, direct payments to the club.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am

I’m no tech or accountancy whiz, and my initial thought was “But there’s VAT payable on tickets...”, but it seems to be a simple variation on “just-giving“ with a league table added for interest.
It’s ways to give cash donations in parallel I believe but the nerds bigger brains amongst us will know what’s what if they look at donateaticket.com...
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

Insider

Post by Insider » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Set up by scottish clubs it is a form of just giving. Clubs get the money and for those who just want to donate a fiver and cant buy a shirt it all helps

JGreenwood

Post by JGreenwood » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Yeah pretty much correct above, is just gamification of donations. The company behind it take a cut from 'payment fees' but the club keeps the rest.

Probably works better for clubs that are just starting to collect donations during the crisis. As mentioned we have various fundraising options going on (BTB, 400 club, back the shirt etc) so probably less of a thing for us but as Insider says, every little helps. Best to push on this before we roll out the season tickets in the next few weeks/months.

Nico

Post by Nico » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Its all looking at different ways people can help under the Reboot label - everything focussed on squeezing more into Dowse's budget when things resume. No compulsion at all.

There have been a few people generously saying they want to help put money in and rather than just a bank transfer we are offering this - this seemed a bit more fun and very easy.

You are right also that Boost the Budget and 400 Club are other ways many of us donate and please continue/ sign up if you can.

In all this please there is no compulsion or arm twisting its just an easy way those who want to can put in some of the money they have saved on match day beers and away travel:-)

WokingHazard

Post by WokingHazard » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 am

I'm all for it. I'm not a St holder and I would have probably spent much more on actual admission if the season were still going.

I imagine we'll use this as a platform should next season start and we're not allowed to attend? Either just buy a ticket for games happening or should we find a way to live stream

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 am

We were drawn against Whitehawk in Round 1 - https://donateaticket.com/cross-country ... l-club-r1/

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:44 am

Shitehawk
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team