Cardsfan

Re: Stevenage relegated

Post by Cardsfan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm
fatmaninthekitchen wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:04 am
Which bit is awful?
That nothing good has ever come from there. Do you know anyone from Stevenage? I have nothing against the majority of their fans. They support them because they are local. No different to anyone of us.
Apart from their extra fingers and toes.
Woking FC: Purveyors of outstanding highs and lows to me for 42 years.
Https://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk always looking to buy old football games

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 pm

And the fact they are all twats
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 pm
And the fact they are all twats
Twats isn’t the right four letter word.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:40 pm

its 5 letters
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

JAM

Post by JAM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Why would the EFL appeal against a decision by an independent panel? Why would they accept being “told” to do anything by one or two club chairmen? If the EFL wanted to appeal it could and probably would have done so. Hopefully a non-story.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 pm

The rambling’s of a bored reporter, needing some click bait because his gas bill has arrived.

Bobbo

Post by Bobbo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Bertie wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:45 pm
The only good thing out of Stevenage is the road out of Stevenage
SUPER LOL
80)

Quod non necat emunit.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 am

It won't be popular on here but I agree with what was being said in the report, the punishment handed out on a repeat offender was lenient considering what had been imposed before. Don't get me wrong, Stevenage should be relegated because by a long way they were the worst football side in League Two last season and deserve to be relegated. However Macclesfield have consistently (and deliberately in my mind) flouted the rules and their obligations to their employees and should receive the strongest sanctions against them. As the report states in normal circumstances an offender who continues to offend after being punished for the same offence usually receives harsher and harsher penalties. To outsiders it would seem this hasn't been the case for Macclesfield Town although we don't know what was said at the hearing and perhaps there were extenuating circumstances why they breached the rules this time and the Disciplinary Board took this into consideration.

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am

AndyT wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 am
perhaps there were extenuating circumstances why they breached the rules this time and the Disciplinary Board took this into consideration.
You mean something like a global pandemic which caused a UK-wide lockdown that deprived Macclesfield of all their income?

I have little time for serial piss-takers like Macclesfield and I think their suspended points deduction for next season is far, far too lenient (it should have been at least 10 points). But I don't think it's fair to artificially relegate them this year when circumstances beyond their control meant they had no money coming in to pay their players.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 am

Cardelia wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am
AndyT wrote:
perhaps there were extenuating circumstances why they breached the rules this time and the Disciplinary Board took this into consideration.
You mean something like a global pandemic which caused a UK-wide lockdown that deprived Macclesfield of all their income?

I have little time for serial piss-takers like Macclesfield and I think their suspended points deduction for next season is far, far too lenient (it should have been at least 10 points). But I don't think it's fair to artificially relegate them this year when circumstances beyond their control meant they had no money coming in to pay their players.
I think you will find the latest offences that they were charged with took place prior to the global pandemic.

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am

The latest charge that Macclesfield have been found guilty of, which resulted a 2 point deduction, was failing to pay their March wages. The UK locked down on the 23rd March, but many clubs had already postponed fixtures prior to this date.

Macclesfield had three home matches postponed due to Covid-19 in March alone. How much of that income could have been used to cover the outstanding wages?

oakie

Post by oakie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Facts - Macclesfield are a piss-taking basket case and should be thrown out the EFL. Stevenage have been the worst football side in L2 this season by a country mile & should never have been allowed into the FL in the first place.

In normal times, both would be heading to NL by virtue of finishing as the bottom two in L2 by some distance.

Only problem is that one "relegation" place has been eaten up as a result of yet another piss-taking basket case having gone pop already this season.

So given its one or the other my vote has to go to Stevenage. Macc will not be any better off next year so will either implode financially before end of next season or will highly likely struggle again next time around anyway.

cardinalcannon

Post by cardinalcannon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Cardelia wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am
Macclesfield had three home matches postponed due to Covid-19 in March alone. How much of that income could have been used to cover the outstanding wages?

Could have or would have? Issues with paying players at Macclesfield seem to be long-standing, I'm not sure that the leopard was about to change its spots anytime soon.

If Macclesfield are saved it's because they've managed to stave off what is surely inevitable at some point by the 'luck' of a global pandemic coming along.

Whilst as a Woking fan, it's only right that I wish relegation on Stevenage but even my rose tinted specs see that with the backing of a parachute payment they're likely to be far more competitive than most of the teams that drop from the FL.
If Macclesfield were sent down I imagine any parachute payment would be poured into their financial black hole

NB, I'm aware that Stevenage may have had some sort of advance on their potential parachute payment, not sure if that is confirmed or to what level of funds however. The answer to that may negate some of their potential prowess next season

(Edit to include quote from Cardelia)
Like Rio, I offer nothing.

cardinalcannon

Post by cardinalcannon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:10 pm

oakie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:56 pm
So given its one or the other my vote has to go to Stevenage. Macc will not be any better off next year so will either implode financially before end of next season or will highly likely struggle again next time around anyway.
The risk of financial implosion is what should be worrying the EFL more. They've already seen Bury go bust this season, to let it happen a second season in a row could look mighty careless to the passing outsider
Like Rio, I offer nothing.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm

It’s Stevenage the cheating scum, nothing to see here keep moving Folks.

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Adrian wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm
This.

How fair-minded and cuddly we Woking fans are! Let’s all plait each other’s hair with daisies and frolic through the meadows of Kingfield together, holding hands with our Stevenage friends as we go...

Face facts: In any other situation nobody here would be overlooking the point that a football club that won only 3 games in a season deserve relegation. Many on here positively welcomed our own recent relegations because we were shit and had earned it.

Yup. Macc were fortunate to go up in the first place (they can thank FS Jones for their points here for example) and it’s clear they cant afford it. They’re not alone in that. Yup. They should face sanctions.

Yup. It’s a piss-take punishment but the ONE thing Macc didn’t do was have more managers than wins last season!

Football remains a sport, and sporting sanctions should come first. “You come last, you lose”.

The fact that it’s the spawn of satan who’ve come last just makes it a happy coincidence.

Remember Chester? We all knew they wouldn’t survive and we might’ve been saved if they’d been honest about it. But let’s face facts...we deserved relegation and so now do Stevenage.
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

Woking Pete

Post by Woking Pete » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 pm

AndyT wrote:
It won't be popular on here but I agree with what was being said in the report, the punishment handed out on a repeat offender was lenient considering what had been imposed before. Don't get me wrong, Stevenage should be relegated because by a long way they were the worst football side in League Two last season and deserve to be relegated. However Macclesfield have consistently (and deliberately in my mind) flouted the rules and their obligations to their employees and should receive the strongest sanctions against them. As the report states in normal circumstances an offender who continues to offend after being punished for the same offence usually receives harsher and harsher penalties. To outsiders it would seem this hasn't been the case for Macclesfield Town although we don't know what was said at the hearing and perhaps there were extenuating circumstances why they breached the rules this time and the Disciplinary Board took this into consideration.
I agree. Six separate times they were late paying their players. A ridiculous situation. The statement of the independent panel stated that the penalty would have been higher, but because it would have resulted in relegation they instead suspended them four points for next season. There is no integrity in such a ruling, the penalty should be objectively determined and issued, it should not be adjusted to prevent certain repercussions.

It seems a whole host of L2 Chairmen want the FL to appeal against this as they are understandably so fed up with Macclesfield. This has been going on for two years for them now, and will be even worse next season. Their 2019 accounts showed they lost over £500k and owed their creditors almost £1.5mil. The Chairmen know what they are like, know it won't change and that it is inevitable that next season it will be yet more of the same, and highly likely they won't even last the season.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am

Woking Pete wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 pm
AndyT wrote:
I agree. Six separate times they were late paying their players. A ridiculous situation. The statement of the independent panel stated that the penalty would have been higher, but because it would have resulted in relegation they instead suspended them four points for next season. There is no integrity in such a ruling, the penalty should be objectively determined and issued, it should not be adjusted to prevent certain repercussions.

It seems a whole host of L2 Chairmen want the FL to appeal against this as they are understandably so fed up with Macclesfield. This has been going on for two years for them now, and will be even worse next season. Their 2019 accounts showed they lost over £500k and owed their creditors almost £1.5mil. The Chairmen know what they are like, know it won't change and that it is inevitable that next season it will be yet more of the same, and highly likely they won't even last the season.

Some folks appear to be logging on to the wrong Fans Forum.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 am

Woking Pete, do you hate Borough?

Woking Pete

Post by Woking Pete » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:48 am

Good morning Nick.

I try not to have any hate in my life.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am

Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am
Woking Pete wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 pm

I see senility is setting in as you're repeating yourself.................

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:16 pm

This season especially the parachute payment will make Stevenage favourites for promotion.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:35 pm

AndyT wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am
Adrian wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am

I see senility is setting in as you're repeating yourself.................
No dear, just reiterating my point.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Macc certainly should have been punished for consistently breaking the rules. Six times as pointed out above? Deferred points deduction? Totally unfair, they should have been deducted from this seasons total. The FL's handling of this reeks incompetence and in normal circumstances I'd be shouting foul. BUT in fairness they did send Stevenage down so I'm inclined to turn a blind eye and support their decision. Makes perfect sense to me.
This space intentionally left blank