There's something missing today.

jonwoozley
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 18 times

There's something missing today.

Post by jonwoozley » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 am

...no FA Cup game.
£12,500 extra for winning the 4Q.
£12,500 for extended highlights.

"you don't have to be mega rich to win the Conference. What you need is an astute manager, a good squad that plays for one another and a couple of decent cup runs to help finance the team." Paul Beard, Feb 1999.

Breakout the Meatloaf, two out of three ain't bad.

We really should be beating Ebbsfleet or at least look like we were trying.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

AndyT
Posts: 2822
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by AndyT » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 am

You make it out that we have a divine right to be in the FA Cup proper......

and do you honestly believe Woking v Notts County would be chosen for extended highlights 😂😂

jonwoozley
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by jonwoozley » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 am

AndyT wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 am
You make it out that we have a divine right to be in the FA Cup proper......

and do you honestly believe Woking v Notts County would be chosen for extended highlights 😂😂
We are The Cardinals, of course we have a divine right. We even had Christ cycle past for a while.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

DesCartes
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:31 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by DesCartes » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 am

jonwoozley wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 am
...no FA Cup game.
£12,500 extra for winning the 4Q.
£12,500 for extended highlights.

"you don't have to be mega rich to win the Conference. What you need is an astute manager, a good squad that plays for one another and a couple of decent cup runs to help finance the team." Paul Beard, Feb 1999.

Breakout the Meatloaf, two out of three ain't bad.

We really should be beating Ebbsfleet or at least look like we were trying.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Lurker
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Lurker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am

Anyone who's reduced to quoting the wit and wisdom of Paul fucking Beard is clearly not to be taken seriously.

Sunderland Card
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:22 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Sunderland Card » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:35 am

25 years after the Barnet 4-4.

Jparvin1
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Jparvin1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 am

What exactly is the point of this thread?

DavetheBountyHunter
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 321 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 am

Lurker wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am
Anyone who's reduced to quoting the wit and wisdom of Paul fucking Beard is clearly not to be taken seriously.
His last appearance on here culminated in him threatening me with legal action!
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Red and White Army
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:56 am

Bury and Swindon should have beaten us. Or at least looked like they were trying.

Lurker
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Lurker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:00 pm

DavetheBountyHunter wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 am
Lurker wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am
Anyone who's reduced to quoting the wit and wisdom of Paul fucking Beard is clearly not to be taken seriously.
His last appearance on here culminated in him threatening me with legal action!
Yes, that sounds like the pompous, self-important old windbag.

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 4316
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Where is he now?
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Viking Card
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:37 am
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by Viking Card » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:50 pm
Where is he now?
A long standing and very enthusiastic resident of Cockingham in deepest Wankershire.

kansasCard
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Downtown Kansas City Missouri
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 169 times
Contact:

Re: There's something missing today.

Post by kansasCard » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Jparvin1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 am
What exactly is the point of this thread?
How many threads do you want to go on and comment on its validity or request it be deleted?
You know you can always press next unseen and be done with it.
This space intentionally left blank


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], KT15 Card, MSN [Bot] and 22 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | Woking FC Official Photo Gallery | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries