Match Thread H Vs Oxford Utd PSF

vinrouge

Match Thread H Vs Oxford Utd PSF

Post by vinrouge » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 pm

TEam is a bit big to mention, that said there are 3 trialists 2 unnamed the other being defender Shaun Donellan

WFC96

Re: Match Thread H Vs Oxford Utd PSF

Post by WFC96 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:59 pm

I imagine that pretty much means he’s signed on. I think he is playing in midfield for us at the moment though.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 pm

0-1. Ball over the top. Max waved a foot at it and their player ran through and scored.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:20 pm

1-1 Hyde header.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Des D Moaner

Post by Des D Moaner » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Thought 18 looked useful and put himself about plus winning some decent headers.

Nimski

Post by Nimski » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 pm

I thought that. Seems a little older, anybody know who he is?
Poko was great today. First I've really seen of him.

Skybluecard

Post by Skybluecard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Agree with that re the “Trialist” striker that came on in the second half... looked very quick, aggressive and creative in the box. Way better than Philpot who looks to have been binned. Not so sure about the trialist on the left in the first half... he was as anonymous as his name! That was a good all round performance today and other than the mistake by Max that gifted them their goal we were the better team overall. Roll on Tuesday... I’ve got a good feeling about the squad that’s coming together.

Red card

Post by Red card » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Chris Zebroski was second half striker
Last edited by Red card on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hampshire Card

Post by Hampshire Card » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Donnellan and Poku stand out for me in defence/midfield. Tarpey and Hyde worked well together and second half trialist was putting himself about well. A good workout for the squad too, some decent challenges and some good moves

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Red card wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm
The same Chris Zebrowski who's been jailed for robbery and assault and ran from police before the start of last season? No thanks.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Come on CC, he may have dealt with his demons and be older and wiser.
From what I saw today he’s a player that can run at defenders, bring others into play, aware of what’s around him and use his pace and skill to create more chances. He Tarpey and Hodges combined very well together and had Oxford on the back foot continually. He is different to what we currently have.

Dowse says he wants players with something to prove and he fits the bill. I’d give him a go as aware of him from years back and still plays the same way, just more cohesive these days.

Of course that’s if it is the player suggested and his name is really A Trialist of course........

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Andy Parr...Josh Payne...?

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:28 pm
What about them?

Beans on toast..... chicken salad....?

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:16 pm
Red card wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm
The same Chris Zebrowski who's been jailed for robbery and assault and ran from police before the start of last season? No thanks.
The same Chris Zebroski who's been trialing at the Shots too. As long as he knows where the net is. Bygones and all that.
However - maybe we should also consider signing up the copper..... Mr Zebroski, ran away.

“The officer chased after him and, after catching up, smelt alcohol on his breath.
Last edited by kansasCard on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space intentionally left blank

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Those were people who screwed up once, deservedly paid the penalty for their crime and were then rightly given a second chance. Zebroski has been a serial offender throughout his career. He's unlikely to suddenly become a reformed character now that he's coming to the end of it.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Lurker wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Those were people who screwed up once, deservedly paid the penalty for their crime and were then rightly given a second chance. Zebroski has been a serial offender throughout his career. He's unlikely to suddenly become a reformed character now that he's coming to the end of it.
So have a go at Dowse then for letting him play then. If that's how you feel?

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
What about them?

You are aware of them?

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 pm
Spitfire wrote:

What about them?

You are aware of them?
Yes. Neither of them played under any other name. Well, not for us anyway.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 pm

You are aware of them?
Yes. Neither of them played under any other name. Well, not for us anyway.
My reply wasn't to you originally. I started my reply, got delayed and you had posted in between but as you have an issue with me you could not help yourself.

If he is good enough then sign him up. Whatever anyone thinks of Dowse, he is ruthless when it comes to commitment and what's right for the team.

Theres clearly a few posters who are shall we say are prejudiced against people who have been convicted

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Football is full of bad boys, most turn themselves around. The only difference between footballers and the rest of us is that we aren’t in the public eye therefore all goes under the radar and not of interest to the masses. Guaranteed that a large percentage of our fans have done stupid things in the past but doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed in and completely get your point CardSharp.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:47 pm
Football is full of bad boys, most turn themselves around. The only difference between footballers and the rest of us is that we aren’t in the public eye therefore all goes under the radar and not of interest to the masses. Guaranteed that a large percentage of our fans have done stupid things in the past but doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed in and completely get your point CardSharp.
Messi and tax. Ronaldo and the ladies. I tell you what, let's not sign them. I'm not condoning what Zebroski has done. He's done his time.

Thank you Spitfire.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Anyway, back to the football...... who was it playing right back in the second half? Looked to me Nathan was playing CDM with Kane pushing up (he looked sprightly)
There was a quick lad in the full back position, little dreads and shaved sides hairstyle. Got back very well to cover

wokingbob

Post by wokingbob » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:04 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Chobham Card wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:16 pm

The same Chris Zebroski who's been trialing at the Shots too. As long as he knows where the net is. Bygones and all that.
However - maybe we should also consider signing up the copper..... Mr Zebroski, ran away.

“The officer chased after him and, after catching up, smelt alcohol on his breath.
Quite similar to George Best then....
Optimism IS my middle name. Trust in Dowse.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:59 pm
Anyway, back to the football...... who was it playing right back in the second half? Looked to me Nathan was playing CDM with Kane pushing up (he looked sprightly)
There was a quick lad in the full back position, little dreads and shaved sides hairstyle. Got back very well to cover
Youth team graduate - I think his name might have been Joe Morrison (sorry, don’t have the team sheet now).

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm

DavetheBountyHunter wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:12 pm
Spitfire wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:59 pm
Youth team graduate - I think his name might have been Joe Morrison (sorry, don’t have the team sheet now).

Thank you. Be interesting to see how he gets on and if offered a place. Looks and plays like a full back rather than a centre half filling in.
Like to see him get more time Tuesday night.