Post by DesCartes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:08 pm

...going to Dunstan UTS?

Match reporter needed

Thanks

AndyT

Re: Is there anybody out there...

Post by AndyT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm planning to go ;o)

PS it's just Dunstan now as the Northern Premier League don't allow sponsors names in the names of clubs so 'UTS' has been dropped.

Waverley

Post by Waverley » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Dunston

(you might get lost looking for Dunstan which is probably somewhere problematic in the middle of Asia)

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Waverley wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm
Dunston

(you might get lost looking for Dunstan which is probably somewhere problematic in the middle of Asia)
My bad. I must have been thinking of a saint, a Woking school named after him or the seventh album by Canterbury Scene rock band Caravan...

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm

AndyT wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm
I'm planning to go ;o)

PS it's just Dunstan now as the Northern Premier League don't allow sponsors names in the names of clubs so 'UTS' has been dropped.
So, scribbled notes or something better? ;o)

Reading between the lines, it appears that they can retain the 'UTS' in the context of this exercise. It's still there on their website, their Twitter feed, Wiki and our fixture list; my guess is that they won't change it until the start of the league season:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... e-16449614

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm
Waverley wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm
Dunston

My bad. I must have been thinking of a saint, a Woking school named after him or the seventh album by Canterbury Scene rock band Caravan...
Now you’re talking. Caravan were a fantastic band. For girls who grow plump in the night was a brilliant album.

Bowler Hat

Post by Bowler Hat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Grubby, smelly little oik

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:08 pm

northeast card wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 pm
DesCartes wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Now you’re talking. Caravan were a fantastic band. For girls who grow plump in the night was a brilliant album.
I saw 'northeast card' and thought, for a moment there, that a volunteer had come forward?

But you're not wrong...

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:33 pm

I usually avoid all friendlies but I’m hoping to get to Dunston. However I won’t know if I can make it until late next week, therefore I wouldn’t want to commit to sending a report and then let people down.

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Bowler Hat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm
Indeed. The dog,the dog he’s at it again.

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:04 am

northeast card wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 pm
Bowler Hat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm
Indeed. The dog,the dog he’s at it again.
I've got to take issue with your 'Caravan were a fantastic band'.

There's still a version out there gigging - one which isn't exactly 'Trigger's broom' as Pye Hastings remains as front man. Currently on their 50th anniversary world tour which, I note, sees them in Tokyo next Saturday and Haslemere Hall on 12th October. ;o)

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 am

Yes, I’ve seen them a few times in recent years, once or twice in very small venues which is where ,for me, live music works best. It’s great that they are still going even if it’s not the definitive line up. I guess I was alluding to a time when they were regularly recording great new material. Although they would be one of my favourite groups of all time, I wasn’t overly keen on some of the stuff on the Paradise Filter which I think was their last output.