Re: Hester-Cook

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Bugger. But understandable

He needs to play and then come back with Appau in a couple of seasons
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

oakie

Post by oakie » Fri May 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Tough call but I'm going to stick my neck out and say the right one. The gulf between NLS and National is huge, if he isn't going to get regular games then it's better for his career and our budget that he moves on

photocard

Post by photocard » Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 pm

This one annoys me. I believe Hester Cook was better than most of the central midfielders we had on loan this season, had Dowse shown more faith in him I think we would have had a homegrown player at least worth a squad place for next year. However he now needs to get games under his belt, and probably that means National South for him at the moment.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Fri May 17, 2019 6:04 pm

If him and Declan are playing regularly for NLS teams next season, I'll be very pleased for them. You can't argue with our results or position looking back on this season, but I do wonder if the pair of them were underused this year. I was hoping to keep and loan both.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Fri May 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Another academy product let go. On one hand I’m gutted that the players that have been nurtured and bread to have pride in the club are being let go. However, on the other, it shows that Dowse has no room for sentiment and putting the standard of those he wants to play for us at a higher level. That’s a good thing. isnt it?

All the best Charlie.

Sunbrow

Post by Sunbrow » Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Saw Hester-cook at Leatherhead a couple of times. Young and may develop into a decent player but well short of NL standard when I saw him.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm

His tweet is simple and straight to the point, I get the impression he’s not impressed.

I thought he showed great promise and would have kept him but as has been mentioned before it’s one hell of a leap between step 2 and 3 and step 1.

Dowse's Daschund

Post by Dowse's Daschund » Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Pretty much in agreement with the above comments.

If we'd stayed down he'd be on the fringes if not starting. Probably not ready to step up another level

MattA

Post by MattA » Sat May 18, 2019 2:13 am

I got the impression he was taking a break from football and going abroad. I might have slightly misinterpreted though.