Chelmsford thank you

Texas Dave

Chelmsford thank you

Post by Texas Dave » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Just wanted to write about my experience at Chelmsford last Saturday.
i arrived about 45 minutes earlier than intended due to British Rail getting it right for once,and just before the turnstiles opened. Not a problem a gentleman opened up took my money gave me a ticket and then showed me where i could get a pint. In this clarets club 2 ladies took an order for a lovely large breakfast, i got a pint of doombar and sat down to watch the spuds game.(would have been a packet of overpriced cheese and onion crisps in our clubhouse. A gentleman approached me in a suit with a Chelmsford badge proudly displayed and enquired as to whether i was a Woking supporter. I said yes and he shook my hand warmly welcomed me to the game and thanked me for coming. He also hoped i enjoyed the day (but not too much). After my breakfast and another couple of pints with some other locals, by which time the hailstorm had left for another venue i ventured outside to see what the ground was like. This was my first trip to this ground but i seem to remember going to a ground much nearer to the railway station before. I detest grounds with a running track around and will never go to gateshead again for that reason. I walked down to the end where the woking players and Ian were going through their pre-match routines. Just quickly would like to thank Kieron for coming over, shaking my hand and thanking me for my support.
As for the game which we dominated for the first 25 minutes the rest was pretty much memorable for the cataclysmic cock-up that gave away the first goal.
At half time i was still convinced that we would win, a dream that was quickly dispelled by YET ANOTHER GOAL FROM A CROSS/CORNER/FREE KICK TO THE BLOODY FAR POST.
One other thing before i go, i asked a Chelmsford fan if he knew where the bus stopped to take me back to the station and he promptly offered to drop me off on his way home.
All in all a great day except for the result. still 2nd though.

Since85

Re: Chelmsford thank you

Post by Since85 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:11 pm

A refreshing post !