Help wanted to find a set of wheels that have come off

Cardsfan

Help wanted to find a set of wheels that have come off

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Just 1199 at the Wreck tonight to witness the 3-0 gubbing.
A search party will set off at 9am in the morning to try and locate the wheels.
Woking FC: Purveyors of outstanding highs and lows to me for 40 years.
www.oldfootballgames.co.uk - always looking to buy old football games

Growler

Re: Help wanted to find a set of wheels that have come off

Post by Growler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Ok, so I’ve just read today’s threads about the death of Gordon Banks, the Cardsboard prediction that WFC will die if we go to Dorking (?), and that Toby Edser just REFUSES to see sense and rip up his Football League contract to sign for the workd’s greatest team, but the saddest news for me is that Alderpop cannot buy a win and are getting pumped again.

Three points off bottom and five points off safety with a TERRIBLE goal difference. Sad times.

#prayforAlderplop
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm

A big part of me feels sorry for them. Possibly because their plight reminds me of us last season.
Reckon unless we win the playoffs, they’ll be having their Christmas games of ‘smash the barrier and leave by gate 3’ again.

KT14_Card

Post by KT14_Card » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm

There was very little remorse for us when we went down, who's laughing now!!

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Stoo wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm
A big part of me feels sorry for them. Possibly because their plight reminds me of us last season.
Reckon unless we win the playoffs, they’ll be having their Christmas games of ‘smash the barrier and leave by gate 3’ again.
Their plight has mirrored ours, just a season or two behind.

Going down to here and having some fun again might do them some good. The National League can be trying after a few consecutive years of struggle

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Dan wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Stoo wrote:

Going down to here and having some fun again might do them some good. The National League can be trying after a few consecutive years of struggle
They’ve reached the playoffs for the past two seasons, hardly consecutive seasons of struggle. Of course where they have struggled is with the concept of a budget and spending money they simply never had. The Shaheed magic calculator appears not to be working anymore, does anyone have any spare batteries they can lend him to get it working again.

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Dan wrote:
Stoo wrote:

Ahem, point of order:
Shawaddywaddock was celebrating a playoff win on penalties last season remember. It’s intermittent periods of shit or bust or just plain shit for them, rather than punching above our weight waiting for the inevitable for us.
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

doylie

Post by doylie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 pm

I couldn’t give a flying big one about them tbh.

I just hope whatever happens we don’t have to play that lot again, although watching their feral twats running around our town centre whilst wearing surgical masks (just how many 17 year old surgeons are there in NE Hampshire?), gazing agog and pointing at the tall buildings was amusing in an anthropological way, it got a bit tedious when two hours later the same inbred surgeon twats started pushing down gates - again.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Growler wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 pm
Dan wrote:

Ahem, point of order:
Shawaddywaddock was celebrating a playoff win on penalties last season remember. It’s intermittent periods of shit or bust or just plain shit for them, rather than punching above our weight waiting for the inevitable for us.
To clarify, I meant that this season has been anything but a barrel of laughs for them from start to finish on and off the field, after a couple of very decent seasons. If they do escape the drop, it will be much of the same again and will probably eventually lead to relegation. Sounds pretty familiar. Hence the mirroring us, just a season or two behind comment.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 pm

I, too, genuinely have no interest in Aldershot but got very fed up with the pitiful repeat pushing over of the gates by a minority of their followers. My primary school age son witnessed it and knew they were going to do it again. A tedious distraction. Yawn.

adccl8z

Post by adccl8z » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 am

doylie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 pm
and pointing at the tall buildings was amusing in an anthropological way
.. oh thats good.. nearly sprayed a mouthful of cornflakes across the dining table

Ashcard

Post by Ashcard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 am

KT14_Card wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm
At the end of the day they are competing in a league higher than ourselves so I'm not sure the moral high ground can be taken just yet. This again is just epitomising the colossal gap in class between the national and the South. I love our current team to bits but sometimes when you see some of the aimless clearing hoofballs and from some of our players, it does make me think they would probably get eaten up and spat out on a regular basis at national level. If Aldershot do come down, they will probably piss this league and their fans will come back in numbers. The flags will be waving and the drums will be beating again. Like others have said, I would prefer not to be in the same league as them so if they come down and we fail to get promoted, they will be next season's Torquay!

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 am

I don't think you have to give a shit about Aldershot to find this really funny. I think you just have to remember them laughing at us, knocking the fence down, gobbing off about Scott Rendell being red and blue, think of their general complete lack of dignity/memory/class and you'll find this pretty funny.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

I foresee good things at Woking. Whenever neighbours falter, Woking benefit. In the late 80's Addlestone went under and we got Adie Cowler etc. In the early 90s Alderplop went under and we got Colin Fielder, Dave Puckett, Kevan Brown.
Now I read that HMRC (Her Majesty's Rec Cremators) are circling the wreck. We may not want any of their players but I think we'll pick up a few anonymous fans. In addition we could find it easier to sign decent local players.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am

How will they get money off fans next season last year 500 club failed miserably this year the wonderful £100 golden ticket draw which they all thought was a fantastic idea.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 am

Aldershot themed threads on here are a bad thing.

They are supposed to be obsessed about us!!

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 am

I don't want any football club to go under and I feel for them as we have been in the same position.

BUT

For years they have taken the piss out of us on and off the pitch so you can't help laugh a bit.

So 1199, thats a way off their 2500 budget- what's the financial situation ?

But the bottom line is , I don't want to play them next year so if they are coming down , lets make sure we go up !

Better Red

Post by Better Red » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 am

I can't think of much to like about them, but far too early to call the end-of-season tables. Even Braintree are stirring - what a horrible thought.

Their situation is similar to ours last year and they are seemingly adopting the 'sit on our hands and hope for the best' approach that served us so well.

I would permit myself a wry smile if they do come down and we go up - as others have said, if they come down and we are both in the South next season, not only would we have to play them again with all the nonsense that accompanies them, but they would no doubt throw some imaginary cash around to get straight back up.

Let's concentrate on our own issues for now and see where we end up. (Please, not Dorking...)

COYC!

Since85

Post by Since85 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Doylie....voice of reason as always!

Since85

Post by Since85 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 am
I don't think you have to give a shit about Aldershot to find this really funny. I think you just have to remember them laughing at us, knocking the fence down, gobbing off about Scott Rendell being red and blue, think of their general complete lack of dignity/memory/class and you'll find this pretty funny.
I totally agree, historically they’ve got bust twice, we havnt

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
You're wrong there. But we do miss Gate 3. Perhaps it's beckoning.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm
KT14_Card wrote:
Maybe when you go bust and play Sheerwater!

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:36 pm

KT15 Card wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Maybe when you go bust and play Sheerwater!
Well that would mean that Woking FC would have been renamed "Sheerwater".

I AM KING PIE

Post by I AM KING PIE » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Better Red wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 am

Let's concentrate on our own issues for now and see where we end up. (Please, not Dorking...)

COYC!
Why not . Would be a great day out. Proper Surrey derby. They had about 1700 for their match v the Tanners.Better than any trip to Essex or Kent.

Better Red

Post by Better Red » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm

I AM KING PIE wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm
Why not . Would be a great day out. Proper Surrey derby. They had about 1700 for their match v the Tanners.Better than any trip to Essex or Kent.
I was referring to a possible groundshare, not a one-off. Mooted along with Farnborough or Sutton...
scorp wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Well that would mean that Woking FC would have been renamed "Sheerwater".
Er, no. It would mean that AFC Aldershot would be in the Combined Counties Div 1 with our current 'tenants'. Although, if they get promoted even that might be beyond you. Do keep up...