Loza Joins Billericay

NewCard

Re: Loza Joins Billericay

Post by NewCard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

Meerkat wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:03 am
Cant really comment on how normal that is but it would be the Football Secretary who did the admin on the sale and loan so they would be the first to know that it was definitely happening
I have no idea how these things work but Dowse does and he clearly felt it was not very professional so that's good enough for me! I know he can be a touch sensitive at times but he's had no problem with Oxford calling back key players.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Obviously Maidstone could do what they like in respect of their own player, but, as well as the question about who it was who called Dowse on Thursday evening, there is the point that the Loza move was apparently part of the deal to move Jake Robinson to Maidstone. That was announced on 7 December, and the suggestion has been that Loza only stayed with us since then so he could play in the Watford game - presumably with all parties other than Woking being aware. Dowse has stated that he wouldn't have played Loza last Sunday if he had known. Obviously we don't know the truth of any of this, and we may have benefitted from Loza staying longer than he otherwise might have, but it may be that things weren't conducted in an ideal fashion. Anyway, we have moved on, and no doubt Dowse managed to find a suitable replacement yesterday afternoon whilst spying on St Albans, as he is SuperDowse.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Does anyone really care about what's happened here? Loza did well for us, injected some essential pace to our attack and picked up some handy goals/assists. I imagine he's taken the opportunity to get a decent pay rise and if he lives over that way, has reduced his time on the M25, which is always a bonus. I can't blame him at all - or the fact that he delayed it to play against Watford. Who wouldn't have done the same? I presume that with Loza, the lad from Derby and the lad from Daggers going back, we have some money to get in a pacy wide player again. As has been said a few times, DOA and Spence are probably available as well, so there's certainly space to get someone (M0$£$, please) in.

In terms of recalling Wassmer - I really don't get that. We're 2nd, with games in hand and no game for a week. Best to leave him getting game time, so he's ready to come back if anyone picks up an injury or suspension. I know it's been joked about how good he must be - but he's comfortably playing in the league above, so I imagine he'll be a welcome addition when we recall him.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:34 pm

DavetheBountyHunter wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 pm
Does anyone really care about what's happened here?
Not hugely in the grand scheme of things, not even given that Loza was quoted in the Eastern Daily press shortly before Sunday's game as saying that he had found a home at Woking so far and saw himself staying until the end of the season. I do generally like honesty and transparency where possible, though,and am not on the whole in favour of casual acceptance of the opposite. Although, as I have suggested, I don't know what the truth is,here.

Anyway, I very much look forward to seeing our next pacy winger, which are ten a penny, and their introductory interview saying Woking are a massive club for this level, and that once they were told what the plans were for the club on and off the pitch, joining Woking was a no brainer.