Loza Joins Billericay

Cardinals Rule

Re: Loza Joins Billericay

Post by Cardinals Rule » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Oh dear. I thought that unlike last year we would get through January without losing any of our best players. He's been very important for us and needs replacing with similar. Tricky and great news for our rivals.

We should definitely throw a strop about this and bring Charlie back asap, just because we can.

Junction 8

Post by Junction 8 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Absolutely. Get Wassmer back pronto... why would we do Maidstone any favours after they sell a player on loan to us from under our noses.

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Loza could easily play again in the football league, just needs the belief and the opportunity. He is a big loss and hard to replace.

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Regarding Wassmer, he really isn't the type to bring back and sit on the bench when he is shining in the National League just to prove a point to Maidstone. If Dowson brings him back he drops Gerring it is that simple.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Wassmer is our player and should be here
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Cardinals Rule wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Oh dear. I thought that unlike last year we would get through January without losing any of our best players. He's been very important for us and needs replacing with similar. Tricky and great news for our rivals.

We should definitely throw a strop about this and bring Charlie back asap, just because we can.
We wasn’t our player. Thanks for the shift you put in but bye bye and good luck. It’s business at the end of the day and full time for Loza.
The management will have seen this and will have something in the bag. Probably from Oxford ...

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Part of the Robinson deal then and stayed here for the cup

No need for Wassmer to be elsewhere now
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 pm

For those that haven’t seen tonight’s Dowse Friday charm with David1, the gaffer gives a very good explanation as to what happened and why he’s not calling Wassa back just yet. Makes sense really

doylie

Post by doylie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm

If I was Maidstone, I’d bank that Billericay chubby PDQ
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Spitfire MH434 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 pm
For those that haven’t seen tonight’s Dowse Friday charm with David1, the gaffer gives a very good explanation as to what happened and why he’s not calling Wassa back just yet. Makes sense really
It sounds from Dowse’s catch up like we were treated badly all round on the Loza move. Very disappointing. Nevertheless, he will be a big loss, as will Toby Edser if he goes, too, as I think he’s a fine player.

Dowse is putting a brave face on it, but it must be a bit disheartening, and it means more hard work for him looking at possible replacements.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 am

I would love Edser to stay, hopefully no league clubs come in for him.

Who is a good pacey winger that we can bring in? I can't think of anyone that I've seen.

I don't think Wheeler cuts it and we definitely lose penetration without Loza.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 am

Loza was a loan player. Maidstone can do what they like, that is the downside to using the loan system and comes with risks. All we can do in future is have no dealings with Maidstone. I would imagine Loza's contract runs out at the end of this season. Nothing wrong with him wanting a bit of security, even if it is at a club who's owner has gone AWOL.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not gutted, but I'm more than confident Dowse will find a replacement.

MattA

Post by MattA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am

Loza is based over in that part of the country, and would want the security of a long term deal. No surprise really.

As for Maidstone, it’s slightly bad form, but yet if Billericay offered us 25k for Wassmer tomorrow, I imagine the club would accept the offer. So it’s no real surprise.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Annoying but I don’t see that Maidstone have done anything wrong. If there is a recall clause then they are entitled to use it.

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Maidstone have done what we would have done ( I hope) and made 25 k from a player that they did not need or even play for them.

Now playing 25 k for a playing that can't get in to a struggling conference side is crazy - is he worth that ? no in my opinion.

Would I want us to pay that money for him - no thanks.

I guess I am more pissed off with Ricky for splashing the cash and nicking him from us.

doylie

Post by doylie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Loza appeared to me to have been off the boil for a fair few recent games tbh and this impending move to the “spray tanned collapsible circus” (great work nb1978 btw, you really should get some more of your work in the programme if you get the urge) has probably explained that.

I can understand Maidstone’s probable delight at being gifted 25k by the tattooed Essex clown, I can even understand a footballer being blinded by the cash on offer by that joke club, however inevitably short termed it’s going to be, but what I’m a bit pissed about is the fact that he’s quite deliberately taken the place of someone who would have been more worthy of it in the Watford FA Cup game, a bit ala John Football Genius Crumplin/Lee Tierling in the 1994/95 FA Trophy Final.

He’s been courteous enough to us - so I wish him all the luck in the World - unfortunately I think he’ll need it.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

gummybear33

Post by gummybear33 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

I would imagine it's down to Maidstone as Dowse always seems upfront and honest I can't imagine him lying to us about it he has built up so much respect form fans he would lose it in an instance if he did this is Maidstone fault totally!

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

It’s nobody’s fault!
Maidstone sold their player, and so recalled him as per contract. That is the risk in using loans

KT14_Card

Post by KT14_Card » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

And lozas first full game for billericay....... Ends in defeat. Oh well

NewCard

Post by NewCard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:10 am

I find this wassmer loan deal a little confusing to get my head round, I can't think of a situation where a club loans a player to a better club, it's normally the other way round. It made sense when we had loza as he was more needed than a defender, but now he is gone surely Maidstone either pass us some of the 25k for wassmer or we bring him back. It doesn't sound like they were very professional in dealings with loza which is strange given they seem to need wassmer so much!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 am

Good bit of business by Maidstone.

Plenty of decent players out there if we need them.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 am

“It doesn't sound like they were very professional in dealings with loza”
How so? They have no obligation to behave in our best interest. It wasn’t what we wanted but I don’t really see what they did wrong.

NewCard

Post by NewCard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am

It's not what they did but the way they went about it. Clearly Dowse was not happy and I think he expected a bit more than the secretary ringing up and telling him the score. You'd think considering 'our best' player is with them they would have wanted to be a bit more courteous.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:03 am

Cant really comment on how normal that is but it would be the Football Secretary who did the admin on the sale and loan so they would be the first to know that it was definitely happening

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 am

I think that says a lot about their manager than Maidstone as a whole.

Struck me as a decent setup with some good people behind it when I’ve been there.

They are still have to rely on us to provide them what appears to be an important part of their side atm.

We will have to recall Wassmer at some point, lets hope it’s not at a crucial time in their season!!!????