4. Cook
5. Khinda-John
6. Ferdinand (c)
7. Hodges
8. Little
9. Bradbury
10. Kretzschmar
11. Wheeler

Subs: Gayle, Luer, Hyde, Young, Hayes (GK)

Commentary: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/45486977

Red Max

Re: Match Thread vs Dulwich Hamlet

Post by Red Max » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm not in the UK at the moment, oes anyone know the TuneIn Radio live event number?

adccl8z

Post by adccl8z » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Casey injured??

Red Max

Post by Red Max » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Panic over, I've got it via Radio Woking - many thanks to them.
Are we really one down already?? Suppose it wouldn't be right if we didn't go behind early doors.

adccl8z

Post by adccl8z » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:23 pm

So so close to 0-2

TWR

Post by TWR » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

We look both terrible and like we should be winning. Not a great half yet we should have scored 3 absolute sitters.
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Bobbo

Post by Bobbo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Please, please, please, can we change our match approaching mentality?
How many matches have we closed at half time drawing or losing? Too many!
Especially @ home, we should lead the home match 2-nil, not drawing,do not even mind losing nil-1!

I ear Dowson's screamers from here...!
80)

Quod non necat emunit.

TWR

Post by TWR » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

We should have won. We weren't great, looked disjointed at times, but had enough chances to win.

They time wasted since the 3rd minute and only got one booking for it. Jokes.
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Inevitably we're going to have a couple of people come on and panic, but apart from the finishing we had more than enough about us to win that game.

Missed three absolute sitters in the first half, despite falling behind to a tap in from a freak looping effort at a corner. Hit the post and then went 442 seeking an equaliser (how many times did we fume at Limbrick's inability to change?), got it almost immediately, and then it was a case of who would score next rather than whether it'd end up a draw. They broke well and scored a finish that gave Berti absolutely no chance, and then produced some of the most disgusting timewasting we've seen this season to see out the game. It is what it is.

We missed Casey badly, Collier had a mare (especially second half), Bradbury's work rate was second to none but he looked a little out of the loop. Go again next week - especially as Jamie Philpot has done us a favour and and bagged a 90th minute winner against Billeridiculous. Top of the league. COYC

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:41 pm

10 games and two pts clear. Not even playing well.

We need to find goals. Defence is ok
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:44 pm

5 home games: conceded 1-0 down 5 times. Was always going to come back to bite us eventually. And only 2 clean sheets all season. Spence looks scared of the ball.

Particularly nice of our defence to back off and allow their striker to slot the ball in the corner for their winner.

There shouldn’t be a massive overreaction but we have just been beaten at home by a team who was in the bottom 4.

Why did we sign Jolley and Wassmer if they weren’t fit?

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:25 pm

That was poor today.
I know it might have been different if we had scored any of the 3 golden chances but that doesn’t excuse what happened after
I am still not sure what our pattern of play is supposed to be and it does t look like the players are sure either. The man with the ball and those without don’t know what the other is going to do and all those chipped nothing balls that their monster CB was eating up were dogpoo, as were all those shite loopy set pieces.
And why did Wheeler get hooked? He was doing ok, and certainly better than Young - who was rubbish with the ball and a liability in defence.
I was impressed with Dulwich though. The CBs were immense, the midfield strong and persistent, and the forwards fast and direct

adccl8z

Post by adccl8z » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm

I was also impressed (or mightily underestimated) them. On that performance their league position is baffling.

We never looked like winning that match and tactically they had us sewn up. Our defence had a bad day, our wing play was largely kept in check, we didn't have the space we're perhaps used to, our long passing was awry, and we didn't take our chances.

But... not our strongest 11 and a good starting game for Bradbury. Let's steel ourselves for the next game and kick on.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

adccl8z wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
I was also impressed (or mightily underestimated) them. On that performance their league position is baffling.
Their league position is a joke. They've played us (1st), Hampton (3rd), Welling (4th), Bath (5th), Slough (7th), Chelmsford (8th), Wealdstone (11th), Concord (13th), Gloucester (14th) and East Thurrock (20th). As a newly promoted team playing against some of the most in-form sides of the league above, they've done absolutely fine, and their position will be more representative after they've played more than two teams in the bottom half.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Agree with much of this. Bad day at the office, but could have won. Good tactical switch from Dowse to get the goal back.

Pushed on too much after the goal and left acres of space when they, to their credit, went looking for a winner. But it’s tough when we’ve thrown the attacking players on.

Their 11 and 2 were very good players I thought. No one got change out of their number 2

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 am

I agree with all of the above as it was simply man v man they were better than us. The Virgil Van Dyke lookalike at the back was proper old school and anything in the air was his. Very impressed with their defence for such team making ‘progress’. Their keeper wasn’t up to much and wish we had tested him properly as he floundered like a dying fish at times. I fear that may have been the game for DOA to put himself about.
Just as KE says top of the league and playing pants so on we go. Heads up and crack on.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 am

Spitfire MH434 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 am
I agree with all of the above as it was simply man v man they were better than us. The Virgil Van Dyke lookalike at the back was proper old school and anything in the air was his. Very impressed with their defence for such team making ‘progress’. Their keeper wasn’t up to much and wish we had tested him properly as he floundered like a dying fish at times. I fear that may have been the game for DOA to put himself about.
Just as KE says top of the league and playing pants so on we go. Heads up and crack on.
I think their defence looked suspect on the 4 occasions we did play football on the ground, we created one on ones with the goalie they were physically strong, but on a good day I am sure we would have blown them away.

It's a tough league we just have to be able to hold our nerve get a bit of luck, which we have already in games this season and we will be play offs at least be end of season.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:34 am

Enjoyed reading on their forum saying how shit our ground is. At least we have one.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:34 am
Enjoyed reading on their forum saying how shit our ground is. At least we have one.
Blimey if they think our ground is shit then they’ve got a few shocks to come.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 am

Errr,,i dont think their forum was critical of the ground, it was more the unwelcoming atmosphere with the security, segregation etc obviously a legacy of what has gone on earlier in the season. Fans generally get on very well at this level and Dulwich have always been a friendly bunch.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:54 am

Yeah, I was surprised it was segregated

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I’m glad it was segregated.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Today's 2-1 victory at Conference South league leaders Woking is on reflection surely one of Hamlet's most notable victories in the last 50 years

From Their forum. Blimey

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Some of their plebs on Twitter are rather odd. I'm almost certain one of them would have got a slap had it not been segregated. Right decision.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:16 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Today's 2-1 victory at Conference South league leaders Woking is on reflection surely one of Hamlet's most notable victories in the last 50 years

From Their forum. Blimey

So it was their Cup Final then, ok.