WFC TV: Hear from Dowse

Nick

WFC TV: Hear from Dowse

Post by Nick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm

David Holmes caught up with Dowse this morning to see how he's getting on a month into his new job as Woking Football Club manager.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... rom-dowse/

jonwoozley

Re: WFC TV: Hear from Dowse

Post by jonwoozley » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 pm

We were promised subtitles.
The most loyal fan to miss Wembley 1994.
Author of "we've got Dereck Brown........Yes! "

doylie

Post by doylie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 pm

That’s brilliant, good luck to Dowse in getting hold of that slandering “knacker” at Hampton.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

doylie

Post by doylie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Actually, Dowse’s rant in the video about the knacker at Hampton seems to have done the trick, as he now appears to be shaking like a sh*tting whippet and back-pedalling here:

http://www.thebeveree.co.uk/threads/an- ... son.19818/

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 pm

I imagine like most Cards, I was reading the Hampton forum with interest building up to Dowse's appointment and thereafter. Lord Elpus came across as something of a tool then in the nonsense he was saying about Dowse. I guess his snivelling apology confirms that.

PatsWFC

Post by PatsWFC » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am

He seemed very angry, and rightly so I might add, so much so that I felt I should apologise and I’ve done nothing wrong! Dowse is certainly a guy not to piss off! Got to say that every time I hear from him I like him more.

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am

Hopefully bygones can be bygones. The Connie South wa great for meeting opposition fans and Hampton had a lovely set up to enable just that.

Bigger clubs come for managers and players if you are succcessful, it's the way it works in both life and football and we'll be on the end of it in the future. You just have to take it on the chin and start again with the next man. Hampton should see it as a credit that we moved quickly for their manager off the back of what he had put together there, as frankly it was a case of a lot of us wanting some of it!

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 am

What amuses me about their message board is that they seem outraged we've taken their management team and some of their players, and yet there's no acknowledgement of the fact that they've done exactly the same to Hendon.

GlenH

Post by GlenH » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:56 am

Watching that certainly made me feel a little uncomfortable. I suppose it is, in many ways, a very good thing that Dowse is clearly so wrapped up in the community and fanbase aspects of a football club that he takes jibes on a forum so personally. As he said himself, you can understand the frustration of Hampton fans, it is the nature of football and I'm sure much worse would have been posted on here had the roles been reversed. You only have to look at some of the comments and accusations made against various board members, the former management team, and anyone who has generally annoyed us or disappointed us. I shudder to think what the next Dowse rebuttal video might be like if he ever left us under a bit of a cloud. I can't help but think that maybe things would have been better dealt with more privately, particularly if he knows the supporter in question, rather than calling him out in the style of a wrestling promo - but I totally accept that when you feel unfair accusations have been made that you would naturally want to defend yourself and set the record straight. I echo the others on here who say that I hope this will be the end of the matter and that we can both enjoy our respective seasons with relative goodwill between us.

KRE_Matt

Post by KRE_Matt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:26 am

doylie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm
Actually, Dowse’s rant in the video about the knacker at Hampton seems to have done the trick, as he now appears to be shaking like a sh*tting whippet and back-pedalling here:

http://www.thebeveree.co.uk/threads/an- ... son.19818/
This is my favourite bit from that thread:
For me, as I have stated many times, the issue has always been the way in which we learnt of his departure -- ie not with a statement from him or the club to Hampton fans, but through Woking's propaganda department, with a video of him and Tyler as happy as sandboys in Woking polo shirts three days after our playoff final defeat.

So it's quite clear that between Nick and David Holmes, they've caused this whole mess. I'm not surprised by Nick as we all know he's always been a wrong'un but I am shocked by David. Surely, you both knew to make the new management team look as miserable as possible in their first ever photo in their new job with a bigger club? Disgraceful all round. Full sympathies to Hampton fans, we're clearly bang out of order.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am

We have the worst propaganda department of any football club ever

I wonder if they fielding such claims and noise from Hendon fans
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Bertie

Post by Bertie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am
We have the worst propaganda department of any football club ever

I wonder if they fielding such claims and noise from Hendon fans
But has McCann moved to a bigger club ?
For those of us of a certain age, Hendon are a much bigger club than Hampton & Richmond.

Always enjoyed visits to Hendon's old ground - one of the proper London non-league grounds

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Yes, I remember a painful pre season 6-0 against Enfield

Anyone remember Friel's chipped penalty over the bar ?

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

To be fair, H&R getting Hendon's manager isn't quite the same. The managerial roundabout affects everyone the same way, but if your manager leaves literally two days after you lose the chance to reach the highest level you've ever played at, you're going to be extra pissed. That's going to be exacerbated when he then comes back and gets most of your best players within a fortnight - for all the rubbish that has been talked over there by a select few, they have every right to be wound up.

And as many have said, there are plenty of characters on here who sound similar when the going gets rough. Some of the embarrassing vitriol aimed at Limbrick last year made me physically uncomfortable.

It does seem odd to me that Dowse is getting the stick for the announcement, despite the fact that it must have been ratified by both clubs. I can understand our 'propaganda department' (what a cringeworthy jab that was) might be putting out images that upset H&R fans, but any announcement that we made would presumably have to be approved by the club hierarchy at H&R, which Dowse was literally no longer a part of before the announcement went out. If their club has failed to communicate his departure in a timely way, surely that's the fault of their club - or even ours, if somehow there was a miscommunication and we jumped the gun on the announcement - but not Dowse's himself?

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 pm

How are we meant to announce our new manager then?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I think we were supposed to allow Hampton to do it

doylie

Post by doylie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Funny thing was that the whole announcement was co-ordinated between the officials of both clubs, so that it was announced simultaneously.

Bertie

Post by Bertie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:26 pm

doylie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:24 pm
Funny thing was that the whole announcement was co-ordinated between the officials of both clubs, so that it was announced simultaneously.
Don't spoil the fun Doylie - always good when Nick gets some stick :-)

doylie

Post by doylie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:22 pm

He’s ROTTEN to the core.

wokingbob

Post by wokingbob » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Truth, transparency and working together to build the club it can be. Awesome. We have a role to play in that as Dowse's openness may need us to filter what we pass on. Especially as talk can be misinterpreted.

My inevitable optimism returns....