Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Texas Dave
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:14 am
Location: North Dallas
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Texas Dave » Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Sam and Lazar would be a great start to the hunt for security next season but please keep Kane.

Chobham Card
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Chobham Card » Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Texas Dave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm
Sam and Lazar would be a great start to the hunt for security next season but please keep Kane.
Speaking of security next season, Team of the Season winger Nassim L'Ghoul has announced he's leaving Welling on Twitter today. If we'd lost the final 1-0 and a key player had left within the week, this forum would be a bearpit. So many reasons to be thankful for Sunday!

GlenH
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by GlenH » Fri May 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Texas Dave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm
Sam and Lazar would be a great start to the hunt for security next season but please keep Kane.
Speaking of security next season, Team of the Season winger Nassim L'Ghoul has announced he's leaving Welling on Twitter today. If we'd lost the final 1-0 and a key player had left within the week, this forum would be a bearpit. So many reasons to be thankful for Sunday!
Have they said where he's going? Really liked the looks of him from the half hour on Sunday.

KT14_Card
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT14_Card » Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Was he the left winger he came on? The one that jack cook absolutely dominated? The one who kept stumbling every time he got the ball? Looked a poor mans eyoma to me!!!

GlenH
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by GlenH » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Was he the left winger he came on? The one that jack cook absolutely dominated? The one who kept stumbling every time he got the ball? Looked a poor mans eyoma to me!!!
That's different opinions for you. Thought he was their most threatening player after he came on.

Chobham Card
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Chobham Card » Fri May 17, 2019 5:31 pm

GlenH wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:16 pm
Chobham Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm


Speaking of security next season, Team of the Season winger Nassim L'Ghoul has announced he's leaving Welling on Twitter today. If we'd lost the final 1-0 and a key player had left within the week, this forum would be a bearpit. So many reasons to be thankful for Sunday!
Have they said where he's going? Really liked the looks of him from the half hour on Sunday.
Nothing from the club as yet on any of their players leaving - just a goodbye tweet from the man himself.

I agreed that he looked sharp - he had no space to work with and still looked to run at Cooky whenever he got the opportunity. Seemed a positive, hardworking player with a decent touch.

KT14_Card
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT14_Card » Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 pm

GlenH wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm
KT14_Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Was he the left winger he came on? The one that jack cook absolutely dominated? The one who kept stumbling every time he got the ball? Looked a poor mans eyoma to me!!!
That's different opinions for you. Thought he was their most threatening player after he came on.
That’s a fair comment! I just thought he didn’t really look anything better then we had, jack cook had a brilliant game so perhaps that’s why he was so limited!

Lurker
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Lurker » Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm

GlenH wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm
KT14_Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Was he the left winger he came on? The one that jack cook absolutely dominated? The one who kept stumbling every time he got the ball? Looked a poor mans eyoma to me!!!
That's different opinions for you. Thought he was their most threatening player after he came on.
Thought he looked good when he came on and was also impressive against us earlier in the season. Named by other managers in the NLS team of the season as well, and according to one of the handful of oddballs that post on the Welling forum, has been tracked by Football League clubs throughout the season. But he's also under 24, so whoever gets him will have to pay compensation to Welling.

Spitfire
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Spitfire » Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Long hair or man buns!!!! Any player who has one of those always looks good against us. I would say we should buy them all but it didn’t work for Nicky.

oakie
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by oakie » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm

KKJ leaves Chelmsford and appears to have signed for Ebbsfleet

KT14_Card
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT14_Card » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm

oakie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm
KKJ leaves Chelmsford and appears to have signed for Ebbsfleet
Close but he’s returned to Eastbourne so dropped another level!

oakie
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by oakie » Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm
oakie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm
KKJ leaves Chelmsford and appears to have signed for Ebbsfleet
Close but he’s returned to Eastbourne so dropped another level!
oops pass the bungle hat...

Chobham Card
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Chobham Card » Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 am

KT14_Card wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Charlie has been retained for the next season I’m sire
Just seen confirmation of this on their forum. He's contracted til 2020 with a one-year extension option.

Chobham Card
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Chobham Card » Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Nathan Ralph has been named Dundee's Player of the Year for this season. They conceded the joint-most goals in the league, and finished on 21 points - the lowest ever points total (not including points deductions) is 18.

KT14_Card
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT14_Card » Tue May 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Wonder when we’ll start to announce new signings! This time last year we’d already signed A few

GlenH
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by GlenH » Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:41 pm
Wonder when we’ll start to announce new signings! This time last year we’d already signed A few
Just the one I think, Nathan Collier. Noticed it was mentioned on the 'On This Day' bit of the website a couple of days ago.

WFC96
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by WFC96 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:41 pm
Wonder when we’ll start to announce new signings! This time last year we’d already signed A few
I’m getting a bit bored with no football, can’t wait until we found out a bit more about what the squad will look like next season. Make things a bit more exciting.

Lurker
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Lurker » Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

GlenH wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 pm
KT14_Card wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:41 pm
Wonder when we’ll start to announce new signings! This time last year we’d already signed A few
Just the one I think, Nathan Collier. Noticed it was mentioned on the 'On This Day' bit of the website a couple of days ago.
Hardly surprising there wasn't a flurry of signings by this time last year, given that we'd only appointed a new manager five days earlier!

KT14_Card
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT14_Card » Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 pm

Indeed that’s true! But didn’t dowse say he was a bit behind with transfers as every club were signing players? Hopefully we announce a couple of not the retained list fairly soonish.

KT15 Card
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:52 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by KT15 Card » Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Yeah and we had to wait for the AGM as well. Dowse isn't silly, I'm sure we will hear some news soon

Chobham Card
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Chobham Card » Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 pm

KT14_Card wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Indeed that’s true! But didn’t dowse say he was a bit behind with transfers as every club were signing players? Hopefully we announce a couple of not the retained list fairly soonish.
He did say he was behind, but I guess that means in terms of getting started rather than actually getting your first player in. Collier was a really smart signing in retrospect, but he might have been sixth on Dowse's list of priorities behind, say, Kabamba/Diarra/Kiernan/Coombes/Pavey, all of whom Dowse would've known from Hampton and who all changed clubs over the summer. Appau and CHC have been let go so discussions are clearly happening behind the scenes, and Dowse was eyeing up players to keep as early as his catchup in mid-March!

doylie
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm
Location: @cardinal_tales
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 317 times
Contact:

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by doylie » Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm

I see that the prolific Louie Theophanous has left Kingstonian, stating that he’s had offers from Conference National clubs! Chinny rub Theo, chinny rub.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

MC123
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by MC123 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Frazer Shaw joins Chelmsford

Adrian
Posts: 1473
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 699 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by Adrian » Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Nathan Ralph has been named Dundee's Player of the Year for this season. They conceded the joint-most goals in the league, and finished on 21 points - the lowest ever points total (not including points deductions) is 18.
Speaks volumes for the state of Scottish football.

MC123
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Ex-Cards News (May '19 onwards)

Post by MC123 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Nathan Ralph linked with a move to Hull or Barnsley

https://twitter.com/TheFLZone/status/11 ... 5442297856


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mick and 18 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | Woking FC Official Photo Gallery | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries