Fans Letting the Club Down

mussy

Fans Letting the Club Down

Post by mussy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 pm

"When the crowd got edgy, Dowson typically wanted to deflect the flak from his players. “I had to turn around to tell the crowd to shut up at one point and let them shout at me," he explained. (Dowson)

The manager should not be putting up with this shit from supporters when we are second from top, have won the last 8 eight league games & have 2 games in hand over Torquay.

As supporters lets get right behind the team every game and if you can't be positive just shut the ***k up.
One of the reasons I prefer away games is that the fans are far more supportive of the teams efforts.

Meerkat

Re: Fans Letting the Club Down

Post by Meerkat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm

You have watched Woking before right?

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Never happy unless they are miserable.

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Football fans in ‘not having a fucking clue SHOCKER’

The game is littered with these morons. Every club has their share. Any decent manager knows this and just deals with it. They should how ever be dealt with by those around them.

Our general lack of a decent atmosphere at home is far
more annoying. Our loudest moments are when keepers take goal kicks. The players deserved a lot more last night when they were struggling a bit.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm

mussy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 pm
"When the crowd got edgy, Dowson typically wanted to deflect the flak from his players. “I had to turn around to tell the crowd to shut up at one point and let them shout at me," he explained. (Dowson)
Not even remotely close to what he actually shouted! But who cares. If we get promoted, he can turn round and tell us all we're a bunch of pricks as many times as he wants.

And as for that "fans letting the club down" bollocks, nobody who turned up on a bastard cold night in January was letting the club down, particularly when so many of them must be pushing eighty. Maybe that description could be applied though to the 3000-odd Woking "fans" that mysteriously disappeared between Sunday and Wednesday.

mussy

Post by mussy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Lurker wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm
mussy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 pm
Not even remotely close to what he actually shouted! But who cares. If we get promoted, he can turn round and tell us all we're a bunch of pricks as many times as he wants.

And as for that "fans letting the club down" bollocks, nobody who turned up on a bastard cold night in January was letting the club down, particularly when so many of them must be pushing eighty. Maybe that description could be applied though to the 3000-odd Woking "fans" that mysteriously disappeared between Sunday and Wednesday.
Turning up is only half the story. If you then denigrate the performance & hinder the team you are letting the club & team down.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Last three home games, I’ve had a “robust verbal exchange” with a chap who seems to think we should have a side with the ability of a Mancity/Barcelona select team.

Glad to say he wasn’t there last night.

According to him Dowse is out of his depth!!!!

Clueless twat

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Adrian wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 pm
Last three home games, I’ve had a “robust verbal exchange” with a chap who seems to think we should have a side with the ability of a Mancity/Barcelona select team.

Glad to say he wasn’t there last night.

According to him Dowse is out of his depth!!!!

Clueless twat
What was his view on Effiong?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Didn’t ask him.

Judging by his delusional comments about football generally I’d guess he thought he was the forward ever to play the game.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm

There are two sides to part of this story. Firstly, anyone having a go at the team last night needs to get a dose of reality. These lads have done us proud, week in, week out.

But really the point I wanted to make was about the home atmosphere.

Show me a club, in any league which creates an atmosphere for home games. Unless it’s a game against vastly superior opposition, like Sunday, or unless it’s a vital backs to the wall game, it doesn’t usually happen. That’s why Kingfield has been fairly quiet recently. We’re spoilt with a team that we expect to win. But look at the top flight. Bang on about atmosphere at Anfield, City, Spurs, Chelsea, United, Arsenal but it’s bollox. Those grounds are like morgues. In fact it tends to be grounds with (grits teeth) Ultras like Palace, Dulwich and dare I say it Aldershot that get rocking. So do we get some big flags, get a drum. Anyone fancy it?

No, thought not.

Woking fans make an amazing noise away from home, but by its very nature, home fans don’t create an atmosphere unless there’s a genuine reason to do so.

Sing Song

Post by Sing Song » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I’d get a drum Stoo but fear you’d shout at me like you did the fans at Hemel Hempstead back in the summer.
Deservedly so.

nb1978

Post by nb1978 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Stoo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm
There are two sides to part of this story. Firstly, anyone having a go at the team last night needs to get a dose of reality. These lads have done us proud, week in, week out.

Show me a club, in any league which creates an atmosphere for home games. Unless it’s a game against vastly superior opposition, like Sunday, or unless it’s a vital backs to the wall game, it doesn’t usually happen. That’s why Kingfield has been fairly quiet recently. We’re spoilt with a team that we expect to win. But look at the top flight. Bang on about atmosphere at Anfield, City, Spurs, Chelsea, United, Arsenal but it’s bollox. Those grounds are like morgues. In fact it tends to be grounds with (grits teeth) Ultras like Palace, Dulwich and dare I say it Aldershot that get rocking. So do we get some big flags, get a drum. Anyone fancy it?

No, thought not.

Woking fans make an amazing noise away from home, but by its very nature, home fans don’t create an atmosphere unless there’s a genuine reason to do so.

True this Stoo (though concede shivered slightly at the Dulwich reference).

Both Martin Tyler in a pre-Watford interview ('it's a Surrey thing') and Dowse have alluded to the fact that a section of our congregation are right moany twats. A little of it is to do with the level we're playing at I think. There's a smidgen of entitlement when we're in Conference South that things are a bit beneath us. Which is bollocks, incidentally; 130 years of history suggests we're around about our natural level and we're here on merit after shamefully allowing ourselves to be taylorlimbricked in public last season. But there's a vocal proportion of our support that are just miserable delusional fuckers that just make my teeth itch.

We're on an incredible run of form in a very demanding period of a season that we began with a playing staff that consisted of a small group of bewildered academy children. We've just made an unexpectedly large sum of money and promoted the good name of our club in a positively wonderful fashion by virtue of a cup run that saw us play top flight opposition for the first time in over two decades. We've something to aim for until May, we've got decent players who more importantly appear to give two shits and we're winning a good deal more games than we're losing. What, quite frankly, do people like the bloke next to me on Sunday who spent his time grumbling at Nathan Collier's first touch, fucking want? It's Nathan Collier, FFS. The bloke who's just come on who's running at him at 120mph is a Swedish international who's boot deal with Adidas is worth more than our ground* Nathan's a jobbing, whole-hearted, stringy-legged, non-league Steady Eddy who's doing his level best and has to get up to go to work in the morning** Give the fella a break [I didn't say this, BTW, I just seethed it silently].

On the rare occasions I blag a compo at Chelsea to watch Premiership football live I find it utterly soulless; a bit like going to Cineworld except colder and with more casual racism. Those perpetually whinging gobshites on Moaners who Dowse occasionally flicks the V's and growls back at need to give themselves a shake. In the general context of our little club, these are genuinely good times. And we need to enjoy them, because they don't always last that long.

Whilst he's undeniably as mad as a fish, six months down the line the one thing you can't accuse Dowse of is not having tried to get the measure of this club. After one or two early bollock-drops it seems like he 'gets it' now. He sees (and repeats ad nauseam) the underpinning need to win matches to keep the majority of us sweet. But he also seems to accept that - whatever he achieves - he'll never silence those handful on the terraces that moan like hell when there's absolutely sod all to moan about. We're not a hobby club, or a fallen football league giant, or a spray-tanned collapsible circus from Essex. We're a bit brow-beaten, a touch eccentric, a bit shabby around the edges, a tiny bit niche. But all the more joyful for it when we're in the mood. Immense credit to Dowse for figuring that out in such a short space of time.

*Made that up. Could be though
** Possibly. Might go to the gym and watch Judge Rinder all day when he's not playing football.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am

The ‘fans’ who let (and have been letting) down the club are the morons who seemed to think it was Sunday Fight Club after the Watford match and who seek physical confrontation with anyone who dares to support the other side.

adccl8z

Post by adccl8z » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am

Like that post from nb1978. Like it a lot.

Good Times* indeed. Remember that.

* Can someone inspire some revised Chic lyrics pls

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 am

Some people moan for the sake of moaning. It's life. We need these moaners giving the club money so let them moan, rise above it and cheer the team. We can't drive them out. If rather have moaners than the twats who start fights for no reason. Also, what do people expect from Moaners Corner. The clues in the name.

I think we can excuse fans some of our sense of entitlement. The last 30 years have been the best in the club's history arguably. Some fans will only have seen us play in the conference and conference South. We've also seen our 2 bitterest rivals go on to much greater league success than we've had. That will grate. It should grate. Why them, not us? Better run, better management? Last year's debacle on and off the pitch, despite a brand new management team and squad will also sit in people's minds. Some of this is ingrained.

We should have no reason to complain about our results on the pitch this season, and the money the FA Cup run has given us. Let's hope it's used wisely.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 am

nb1978 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm
Stoo wrote:

No, thought not.

Both Martin Tyler in a pre-Watford interview ('it's a Surrey thing') and Dowse have alluded to the fact that a section of our congregation are right moany twats. A little of it is to do with the level we're playing at I think. There's a smidgen of entitlement when we're in Conference South that things are a bit beneath us. Which is bollocks, incidentally; 130 years of history suggests we're around about our natural level and we're here on merit after shamefully allowing ourselves to be taylorlimbricked in public last season. But there's a vocal proportion of our support that are just miserable delusional fuckers that just make my teeth itch.

We're on an incredible run of form in a very demanding period of a season that we began with a playing staff that consisted of a small group of bewildered academy children. We've just made an unexpectedly large sum of money and promoted the good name of our club in a positively wonderful fashion by virtue of a cup run that saw us play top flight opposition for the first time in over two decades. We've something to aim for until May, we've got decent players who more importantly appear to give two shits and we're winning a good deal more games than we're losing. What, quite frankly, do people like the bloke next to me on Sunday who spent his time grumbling at Nathan Collier's first touch, fucking want? It's Nathan Collier, FFS. The bloke who's just come on who's running at him at 120mph is a Swedish international who's boot deal with Adidas is worth more than our ground* Nathan's a jobbing, whole-hearted, stringy-legged, non-league Steady Eddy who's doing his level best and has to get up to go to work in the morning** Give the fella a break [I didn't say this, BTW, I just seethed it silently].

On the rare occasions I blag a compo at Chelsea to watch Premiership football live I find it utterly soulless; a bit like going to Cineworld except colder and with more casual racism. Those perpetually whinging gobshites on Moaners who Dowse occasionally flicks the V's and growls back at need to give themselves a shake. In the general context of our little club, these are genuinely good times. And we need to enjoy them, because they don't always last that long.

Whilst he's undeniably as mad as a fish, six months down the line the one thing you can't accuse Dowse of is not having tried to get the measure of this club. After one or two early bollock-drops it seems like he 'gets it' now. He sees (and repeats ad nauseam) the underpinning need to win matches to keep the majority of us sweet. But he also seems to accept that - whatever he achieves - he'll never silence those handful on the terraces that moan like hell when there's absolutely sod all to moan about. We're not a hobby club, or a fallen football league giant, or a spray-tanned collapsible circus from Essex. We're a bit brow-beaten, a touch eccentric, a bit shabby around the edges, a tiny bit niche. But all the more joyful for it when we're in the mood. Immense credit to Dowse for figuring that out in such a short space of time.

** Possibly. Might go to the gym and watch Judge Rinder all day when he's not playing football.

Brilliant that nb1978 - thank you!

mussy

Post by mussy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 am

nb1978 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm
Stoo wrote:

No, thought not.

Yes.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am

Stoo wrote:

No, thought not.

You get the Football League fans (Championship and below) claiming that the atmosphere is so much better at their grounds than in the Championship. Mainly because when they play at Chelsea, Arsenal etc it's a nothing game for the home team and hardly gonna get an atmosphere going. Said Championship clubs wouldn't get a ROCKING atmosphere going if they were playing at home to Burton, Reading etc which is the equivalent.

I also doubt Aldershot have a great atmosphere at the moment while they're losing at home to Barrow etc.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm

“Spray tanned collapsible circus”

Whoever you are?

Simply stunning!

David1

Post by David1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Dowse regrets biting on comments from Moaners' in today's Catch Up. Coming soon.

BoingBoing

Post by BoingBoing » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

David1 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm
Dowse regrets biting on comments from Moaners' in today's Catch Up. Coming soon.
nb1978 - bloody love your posts!

Andy T - totally agree- its the fake Burberry twats who let the club down- not the moany old farts

Dowse- no need to apologise for getting wound up- we all love you anyway

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm

David1 wrote:
Shows he cares.
I think they are twats too

JAM

Post by JAM » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm

nb1978 - every time you post you are spot on. You should post more often

I also agree with AndyT, its not the 1400 or so that turned up on Wednesday that are letting the club die, its the few after the game on Sunday that are doing this best to give this club a bad name, whilst everyone else, inc Dowse, are trying their hardest to get this club back where it belongs, both on and off the pitch

SussexSeasider

Post by SussexSeasider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Spitfire MH434 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm
David1 wrote:
Shows he cares.
I think they are twats too
I don't know who these twats on Moaners are, not familiar with them. They stand right at the end nearest the dugouts of course, hence the reason Dowse hears what they say. Complete pain in the arse and I wish they'd go somewhere else! Everyone is allowed an opinion of course but they shout the most ridiculous things and while I'm here - don't tar us all with the same brush on Moaners. It is just this minority...

Sing Song

Post by Sing Song » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

adccl8z wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am
Like that post from nb1978. Like it a lot.

Good Times* indeed. Remember that.

* Can someone inspire some revised Chic lyrics pls
Quality from nb1978

adccl8z, I’ve tried.

Good Times
Moaners Chic

Good times, these are the good times
Leave National South behind, these are the good times
Question Tamplins state of mind, these are the good times

Happy days are here again
We pay our dues to Dowse’n..
Let's get together, get behind the boys and Ben
Come next season, let's all do it again

Boys will be boys, better be bringing the noise
Girls will be girls, drooling on Casey’s curls
Must put an end to this stress and strife
Give it all to this Woking life

Tuesday Truro I don’t mind, these are the good times

Tuesday night, at quarter to eight
Woking marches on, just can't wait
The clock keeps turnin', why hesitate
Come on ref, don’t blow the whistle late

Let's get with it, won’t be a moany git
We want the best, we won't settle for less
Don't be a drag, let go the hate
Calm on the inside and forget all Cardboard-gate (s),

Good times, these are the current times
Our new state of mind, these are the good times
Good times .

Apologies to Bernard for ruining a perfectly good song.