Man City v Burton

Since85

Man City v Burton

Post by Since85 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 am

9-0 ouch, I wouldn’t have liked that The City side looked awesome . Ide swap our score for not enduring that humiliation

Mr Jones

Re: Man City v Burton

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 am

I saw the result when I got in after the game last night and I thought "was that really necessary?". Give them a spanking, fair enough, but did they need to humiliate them?

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am

You play what’s in front of you. Not City fault they out classed Burton. What do you suggest? Stopping the game at 4 or 5-0? Perhaps managers should be given a towel they can throw in when it gets too much or be allowed to put on an extra player like kids football?
It would be more disrespectful to played òle football for an hour and taken the pi££. Can you imagine what would happen if city played a weakened team? Oh the outcry or not taking Burton seriously. Hang on, it was a weakend team!
Can’t believe I’m sticking up for city. Im off to wash my mouth out.

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Spitfire MH434 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am
You play what’s in front of you. Not City fault they out classed Burton. What do you suggest? Stopping the game at 4 or 5-0? Perhaps managers should be given a towel they can throw in when it gets too much or be allowed to put on an extra player like kids football?
It would be more disrespectful to played òle football for an hour and taken the pi££. Can you imagine what would happen if city played a weakened team? Oh the outcry or not taking Burton seriously. Hang on, it was a weakend team!
Can’t believe I’m sticking up for city. Im off to wash my mouth out.
Completely take your point. Just think that they could have taken their foot off the pedal a bit. They're going to end up with an aggregate score of something like 14-0!

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Yes,its up to Burton to be better than they were, If it were us smashing someone a few leagues below 9-0 we'd all be loving it and ripping their players to bits. Remember the night we stuck 14 past Chessington?

Its like a team of under 12s getting beat 10-0 but the paper only recording it as 1-0 to not hurt their feelings.

No towels, no extra players. Just HTFU
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

14-0 if they are lucky Mr J!
I remember Liverpool doing something like this to Palace back in the late 80’s during the littlewoods/rumbelows cup era. Only one division between them and still they dished it out with both sets of Fans almost applauding the other team in the end such was the appreciation of class difference

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Spitfire MH434 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
14-0 if they are lucky Mr J!
I remember Liverpool doing something like this to Palace back in the late 80’s during the littlewoods/rumbelows cup era. Only one division between them and still they dished it out with both sets of Fans almost applauding the other team in the end such was the appreciation of class difference
Didn't Liverpool beat Palace by 9 when they were in the same league and then Palace did them in the FA Cup semi? Early 90s. Maybe Burton will do them in the second leg...!

I know I'm being soft, it's just the gulf in class was so obvious and so massive.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Liverpool beat palace 9 nil in the league. Then Palace beat them in that seasons Cup Semi final classic. 4-3. Great game that was

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Since85 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 am
9-0 ouch, I wouldn’t have liked that The City side looked awesome . Ide swap our score for not enduring that humiliation
Particularly painful for those Burton fans who had been stuck in a traffic jam on the M6 due to the incident involving a lorry and a bunch of illegal immigrants.

They got to the game but, on reflection, would probably have preferred to have been stuck there for another couple of hours...

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Particularly painful for those Burton fans who had been stuck in a traffic jam on the M6 due to the incident involving a lorry and a bunch of illegal immigrants.

They got to the game but, on reflection, would probably have preferred to have been stuck there for another couple of hours...
Burton fans or the illegals having heard the score ???

Skybluecard

Post by Skybluecard » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:07 pm

You can imagine the team I follow (since 1967)..other than (home and away) Woking so I enjoyed watching us win last night on a cold night and getting very frequent updates from the City game.
This makes me more proud of the result against Watford as it could be been something similar and Burton at e 3 divisions different not 6 divisions.
In my opinion Woking FC fought for the badge on Sunday, OK not the same world class players but EPL players.
Yes it is a privilege to watch City in that fabulous stadium and admire the football they play but you cannot beat the whole package that WFC brings to our lives these days! Loving this season, hated last season but always be there to follow.