Welling United (H) Match Thread

Ashcard

Re: Welling United (H) Match Thread

Post by Ashcard » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Obviously something to do with the training regime at Oxford but Bradbury and Little are Feisty fuckers, their defence and keeper were shit scared of Bradbury. Exactly the type of thing we needed in the 2nd half of last season.

H Card

Post by H Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 am

Some of the complaining bellends in the crowd really need to have a word with themselves
It was ridiculous in the KRE second half. On a massive winning street, playing promotion chasing Welling (who aren't short of a bit of cash) and after a gruelling schedule and people still fucking moan, its also a shame that they are usually shouting their drivel when its quiet.

We do not have a divine right to win every week!!

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 am

Dowse does have a nice problem to have. Assuming he sticks with his current formation with 1 up front, you'd think Hyde would start, if fully fit.. Bradbury and Luer are ineffective on the wings so might not get much game time, unless a change of formation to 2 up top. But why do that?. Luer who is our most in form striker must be causing a little headache. It's great really.

LocalBoy

Post by LocalBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 am

skippy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm
LocalBoy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:13 pm
If you don't shoot, you don't score... How many times did we want to walk the ball into the net? But pleased with that, a good win after a big weekend.
You need an opening to shoot otherwise it's wasted, I spent most of the 2nd half listening to people yelling shoot as soon as any of our players got within 10 yards of the penalty box*, that's when they weren't yelling 'get it on the deck', usually whilst the ball was still in the air from a goal kick ffs.

*Except when Luer was lining up to hit our 2nd when strangely they didn't yell shoot.
Rubbish, they had openings, but either picked the wrong pass, or took an extra touch and got shut down. When we did finally have a shot we scored, yes via a deflection but still we had a go.

*strange you didn’t hear anything, because we all shouted at Luer to shoot, which he duly obliged and got his rewards.

The get it on the deck was a little embarrassing yes I’d agree!

LocalBoy

Post by LocalBoy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 am

H Card wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 am
Some of the complaining bellends in the crowd really need to have a word with themselves
It was ridiculous in the KRE second half. On a massive winning street, playing promotion chasing Welling (who aren't short of a bit of cash) and after a gruelling schedule and people still fucking moan, its also a shame that they are usually shouting their drivel when its quiet.

We do not have a divine right to win every week!!
True, but let’s be honest, Welling were awful and we at times were going down to their level. Some of the passes and decisions we made in the 2nd half were comical. Where did all those people come from in the second half? I was in the KRE all game and it was fine in the 1st half, but second I thought moaners corner had turned up!

H Card

Post by H Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 am

True, but let’s be honest, Welling were awful and we at times were going down to their level. Some of the passes and decisions we made in the 2nd half were comical. Where did all those people come from in the second half? I was in the KRE all game and it was fine in the 1st half, but second I thought moaners corner had turned up!
I am not denying we weren't great second half but some people just need a dose of reality, when tiered (as they clearly were) then decision making does go a bit awry. Shouting 'shoot you bastards' is all well and good but hardly going to inspire the team. Also as alluded to before this 'play it on the deck' bollocks when the ball is pinging around our penalty area is crap too. I 100% much prefer Cook/Collier booting is a long way away over the skilful touches of Orlu playing out from the back ala last year.

Adz

Post by Adz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 am

Card is King wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 pm
Best part of the game was scrappy doo (ref) trying to break the players up after a kerfuffle, that did make me chuckle.

Hard game to watch at times but thought we dug in. Jolley or Cook for MOTM how the sponsors gave it to Casey I'll never know
Casey was immense and deserving of MOTM.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am

Shooting “SHOOT!!” at our team is a tradition for as long as I can remember....because fannying about and not shooting seems to have been a tradition for as long as I can remember.....
We often joke about ‘soon have that trained out of them’when a newbie takes an early shot.

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 am

Card is King wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Hard game to watch at times but thought we dug in. Jolley or Cook for MOTM how the sponsors gave it to Casey I'll never know
Because from our lofted comfy position high up and plum central in the stand you could quite clearly see that Jolley had his worst game for us. Nothing went right for him but he didn’t stop trying to his credit. Not motm material I’m afraid. His headers went to them, he scuffed shots and had a bit of a mare. Probably through muscle tiredness v Watford.
Cook tried hard and played wellish but once again went walk abouts without Ben next to him to keep him in check. He needs that voice in his ear.

The only one (other than Ross who had very little to do other than make a couple of saves) who was always on it, looking to get forward, overlap, run back, tackle and hold his position and organise a very quiet defensive unit was Casey. A captains performance given on the day it was needed to keep spirits up.

Question answered. Simply the most consistent player out there last night.
Quite enlightening sitting there but won’t be getting used to it. 👍🏻

Spitfire MH434

Post by Spitfire MH434 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 am

And he got the no2 booked. 60 mins too late, the cheating dick, but that was worth it on its own!

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 am

I thought we'd struggle a bit after the unwanted FA Trophy replay (including ET) plus a very busy Christmas period and I certainly complained, but fair play to all. Since then we have 5/5 league wins including two against play off 'rivals'. Oh and a very well fought game against PL opposition. How the heck can people in the KRE be moaning?!

I couldn't make last night, so listened on the radio. Have to say it was great having MaxK on there as another co commentator. Great to get a different dimension on things.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 am

People moan because they are simpletons

Even on sunday people were saying 'rubbish Woking, get it down' without thinking that chasing super talented multi millionaires might actually be very hard work in itself.

Some of the stuff uttered from BFGs accolytes on Moaners is stunning
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Ashcard wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm
Obviously something to do with the training regime at Oxford but Bradbury and Little are Feisty fuckers
I would imagine that if you have got all the way through school and football academies whilst named Armani you have learnt to look after yourself......

London_Card

Post by London_Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Nice to have a little break now though no doubt

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Looking back at the fixture list, I hadn't realised that we've almost always been playing two games a week since the very start of December: 2nd, 5th, 8th, 15th, 18th (with extra time!), 22nd, 26th, 29th, 1st, 6th, 9th. We have 100% earned a ten day break!