harland

tonights game

Post by harland » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 am

looking forward to tonight
be interesting to see what side we pick in a must win game
I would definitely start with little for me he is our best player
its always tough to play after the cup exploits
but I hope we can carry on the excellent league form
Torquay keep winning but have a tough run of away fixtures coming up.
we must keep in touch with them I strongly believe we have the squad
to beat them to the championship.

JAM

Re: tonights game

Post by JAM » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am

Tonight's game is huge as it is 1 of our games in hand on Torquay. To get nearer to them would be great, but it won't be easier against a promotion rival.

As an aside Oxford City won in the FA Trophy last night, so it means that Welling also don't have a game at the weekend. It also means that should Oxford best Maidstone in the next round of the Trophy on Saturday, our game at Oxford in February will need to be re-arranged

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

JAM wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am
Tonight's game is huge as it is 1 of our games in hand on Torquay. To get nearer to them would be great, but it won't be easier against a promotion rival.

As an aside Oxford City won in the FA Trophy last night, so it means that Welling also don't have a game at the weekend. It also means that should Oxford best Maidstone in the next round of the Trophy on Saturday, our game at Oxford in February will need to be re-arranged
Really have to hope Maidstone win. We already have the Truro, Dartford and Hemel games to rearrange as it is.

Torquay are playing Thurrock on the 2nd (when we're due to play Oxford). With them both out of the Trophy it would put them another game ahead of us, and it's a game they'll certainly win.

Sunbrow

Post by Sunbrow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:15 pm

TONIGHT IS THE PRIORITY, the great season were having needs to continue and keep the feel good factor going. There may be a smaller crowd tonight but come the end of the season and we are nearing promotion the attendance will get up to the 4,000 mark and we know this team is good enough BUT the same work rate MUST continue if the boys want to achieve what they set out to do at the start of the season and get into the National League. Great teams react ater a defeat, let's prove were one of them. COYC.

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm

but come the end of the season and we are nearing promotion the attendance will get up to the 4,000 mark

I like your optimism. Did you help Shahid with his budgeting?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 pm

We only had 2 crowds over 2500 the season we won Conf South last time
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Adz

Post by Adz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Possible for the home game against Torquay and the last day of the season when we hopefully lift the trophy!

WFC96

Post by WFC96 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm

I think we've only had 2 home league games with crowds over 4000 in the last 10 years or so (I may be wrong here). One of those being against Aldershot and one when we won Conference South.

tmb

Post by tmb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 pm

No hope of averaging 4000 in remaining games but...........The highest ever attendance for a NLS game is 5,022 – Weymouth vs. St Albans City, 17 April 2006. *If* both sides are still neck and neck come April 6th I could see the Torquay game getting close to this figure considering both sides potential support for really big games!

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Of the teams we need to rearrange matches with only Dartford could be available to play us on the 2nd February if Oxford City win through to the next round of the Trophy. This will only happen IF Hemel Hempstead beat Wingate & Finchley in the Trophy as it's Hemel Hempstead v Dartford on the 2nd. If Truro City lose to Stockport County (very likely) then they play Eastbourne Borough on the 2nd February so that match would go ahead.

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Rob Green was in front of us on Moaners today.

LocalBoy

Post by LocalBoy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Was bloody cold.. only just started to feel my feet again!