Aldershot

Baldman

Re: Aldershot

Post by Baldman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:50 pm
The money isn’t spread so thinly, it is just that clubs spend more than they have.
If this level got more money roughly the same players would get paid more and clubs would still run out of money.
If we have a 300k budget for a year and one top player gets more than that a week then I think it’s pretty thin. I do agree with the rest of what you say though. But it doesn’t make me want any clubs to go under.

Cookie147

Post by Cookie147 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Baldman wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 pm

I desperately want the sh*ts to lose football matches, do clown like slapstick defending and forget their kit when they show up at Kingfield. I want their fans to stand in the rain and get held back after the game. I love to mock their obsession with attendances and their love of flags and drums.

But I don’t want them to go bust.
This for me. Seeing them struggle is brilliant, I mean really brilliant, especially when it coincides with a time when we are winning every week. However, I don't want them going bust again. I work with a few Shots fans, and as much as they enjoyed our struggles last season, they miss the league rivalry, as do I.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:46 am

Lurker wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
According to the former board member who posts on their forum, their playing budget for this season is circa 750k. According to Shahid Azeem (at a recent fans forum, allegedly), they are currently losing around 25k a month, which works out at roughly 300k a year.

If both of those figures are correct, those are the economics of the madhouse, especially given the club's recent history.
That’s the nub of the matter for me, they’ve been down this route too many times before, hasn’t anyone at the club learnt anything from recent history.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:43 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 am
Adrian wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:55 pm
They are that desperate, Chris Arthur has signed a pay as you play deal.

The desperate are now depending on the Totally Inept!!
When Arthur 'plays'? I believe that's what's commonly referred to as a 'zero hours contract'.
Not in Footballing Terms.

KRE_Matt

Post by KRE_Matt » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Lurker wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
According to the former board member who posts on their forum, their playing budget for this season is circa 750k. According to Shahid Azeem (at a recent fans forum, allegedly), they are currently losing around 25k a month, which works out at roughly 300k a year.

If both of those figures are correct, those are the economics of the madhouse, especially given the club's recent history.
Shahid Azeem running a football club in an annual six figure loss? Well, I am utterly shocked.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:29 pm

To be fair when Shahid was with us in the capacity of finance guru or whatever the role was, he actually miscounted by 200k and it took someone like PJ to point out his errors. It was not that he couldn't budget to save his life. Although I'm guessing based on his error with us that he actually cannot budget to save his life.
This space intentionally left blank

doylie

Post by doylie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 pm

I feel a bit sorry for them really, when you’re relying on someone who didn’t understand the difference between the overall club and playing budgets then you know there’s going to be a problem.

From what I’ve gathered, he’s going to make it third time lucky.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

ABR

Post by ABR » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:33 pm

I cant believe them, they are trying their best to kill themselves.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 am

kansasCard wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:29 pm
To be fair when Shahid was with us in the capacity of finance guru or whatever the role was, he actually miscounted by 200k and it took someone like PJ to point out his errors. It was not that he couldn't budget to save his life. Although I'm guessing based on his error with us that he actually cannot budget to save his life.
It was Chris Ingram and James Aughterson who discovered the existence of Shaz's Magic Calculator, causing CI to once again step in, bail us out and return as Acting Chairman.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am

I was always puzzled why Shahid Azeem wanted to get involved with either of our clubs when he was not really a supporter. Going from one average conference hard up club to another similar club in size and position was strange. What's in it for him ?

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am

Interestingly one of the moderators on the thread about Shahid on Shotstalk has now locked the thread. Censorship at its finest!
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 am

You do have to admire the Alderpop fans sometimes.
They are a VERY loyal bunch who properly support their club with flags and that. They stump up money to bale out the club from one week to the next, buy the Chairman a nice seat on the Board, and I always thought of them as a Proper old school one-team-in-town football club.

But dare say anything against them (and gods help you if you’re right in what you say) and they are a right bunch of divs who close ranks and steadfastly REFUSE to accept the evidence of their own eyes - and experience!
This place might be madcap liberal lunacy (Hi Des!) where seven pages was written about hypothetical tickets, but at least if it’s bollocks you’re spouting people will be able to repeatedly tell you so. Not so much so in Stalinist Hants.
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

Since85

Post by Since85 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm

He is feted as a “highly successful businessman and philanthropist” His company Arcom IT accounts are in the public domain and make “interesting” reading

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am
Interestingly one of the moderators on the thread about Shahid on Shotstalk has now locked the thread. Censorship at its finest!
KN, the moderator who locked the thread definitely isn't in the 'Shahid camp'. He's on our Trust's Board who a few weeks ago, agreed to The Trust's representative giving up his seat on the club's board. Regarding 'censorship', the thread itself (which had been dominated by a handful of individuals) had run its course. It isn't the first thread to have been locked on Shotstalk and I'm reasonably confident that it won't be the last.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Growler wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 am
seven pages was written about hypothetical tickets
This made me laugh disproportionately.

But it's true, and it's the most Cardsboard thing ever. :-)

ABR

Post by ABR » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 pm

This birdman guy. Why come on here to defend. I thought your board was shots web.

Igor

Post by Igor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am

Not so long ago I was stood next to Azeem on the train as he made a phone call. Hilarious. He hasn't changed much.

A recent foray onto Twitter randomly encountered that John 'Dukesy' Dukes fella, who also hasn't changed much unfortunately.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:23 am

Igor wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am
Not so long ago I was stood next to Azeem on the train as he made a phone call. Hilarious. He hasn't changed much.

A recent foray onto Twitter randomly encountered that John 'Dukesy' Dukes fella, who also hasn't changed much unfortunately.
John Dukes absolutely hates me.
It's reciprocated. I think he's a friend of our very own Adrian.
He's basically a Nazi.

But his son's a decent bloke who supports Woking.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:24 am

ABR wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 pm
This birdman guy. Why come on here to defend. I thought your board was shots web.
to be fair. The thread is about them. Why wouldn't you want some of them coming on here explaining their situation with some clarity?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 pm

ABR wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 pm
ABR, as Stoo has said, explanations from our side are fair. Just to balance things out for you, Kanu's Nan and Kingfield Ender occasionally post on Shotsweb, even on non-Woking threads. I have no qualms about that as it can put a different perspective on things.

ABR

Post by ABR » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm

To be fair,how sad are Kanus nan and Kingfield ender for going on Shots web. Not only are Aldershot fans dillusional it seems we are. Could not give a frig for Aldershot they very quickly wanted to boot the put in last season.
Dont give me not all of us, you all gloated.

Ashcard

Post by Ashcard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm

ABR wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm
To be fair,how sad are Kanus nan and Kingfield ender for going on Shots web. Not only are Aldershot fans dillusional it seems we are. Could not give a frig for Aldershot they very quickly wanted to boot the put in last season.
So if don't give a frig about them, why all the posts about them?

ABR

Post by ABR » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Ashcard you are right. Just cant stand there were better than anyone attitude. Last season even the sympathetic messages were just gloats.
Still next season looks slightly changed
Will I gloat of course I will.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:13 pm

ABR wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm
How sad is your face m8
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

ABR

Post by ABR » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Very i make the elephant man look handsome.
What is your excuse?
M8