Supporters Coaches

Adz

Supporters Coaches

Post by Adz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm probably way too early but are there any coaches arranged for the coming season? I would like to put my name down for the first 3 away games.

Stoo

Re: Supporters Coaches

Post by Stoo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm

I'm not actually sure we're going to be running them. The Trust haven't been able to find anyone to take on this responsibility since Alan Barnes stood down from his years and years of tireless work.

I and a friend actually looked into hiring a minibus and driver for East Thurrock but we were quoted £395 for a 16 seater, which works out at £25 a head for a trip only 80 odd miles away.

That may change if we start winning or if someone volunteers, but I don't thin there's anything in plan at the moment, sadly.

Adz

Post by Adz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks Stoo. Appreciate it's not easy to find a replacement for Alan. Would love to help but it's difficult for anyone with a full time job to commit.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Adz wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm
Thanks Stoo. Appreciate it's not easy to find a replacement for Alan. Would love to help but it's difficult for anyone with a full time job to commit.
I agree. Myself and my lot tend to go to most games by train if we can, that we we can dictate when we arrive at and leave certain destinations.
I've enjoyed the coach whenever I've been on it though and it would be really good if someone could take this over.

richardwarner

Post by richardwarner » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:09 pm

I now have the time that I could sort the coaches but if you all prefer a laugh on away days its got to be with the gu7 cards.You might even come home with a rabbit(STOO)

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm

I was talking to a Trust member last night and she told me she has put herself forward to run the coaches although she can't go to every match. We discussed what could be done to make them more attractive to supporters and one thing I suggested was the coach picking up at various points; Godalming/Farncombe for the GU7 Cardinals, Guildford, centre of Woking, Byfleet along with getting there reasonably early. Obviously the logistics will have to be looked at but she said it's worth investigating.

If this was to happen would people be more interested in using the coaches?

mussy

Post by mussy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:09 pm

I have crossed coaches off my travel options after they left me and my son behind at Leyton Orient.