Limbrick

JAM

Re: Limbrick

Post by JAM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:25 pm

we will have them at home then

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:32 pm

There have been worse but the expectation was high with a dream of Wembley, the hope Grimsby would priortise the League, the other teams were largely lower than us and then we never turned up on the day... a few of those in recent years

Old Woking Boy

Post by Old Woking Boy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

I notice they have one Harry Cardwell in their squad. 16 appearances (and I think) 1 goal for them

Blimey, Limbrick and Cardwell, they had a pretty good team once, as I seem to remember

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 pm

cardtrick wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:32 pm
There have been worse but the expectation was high with a dream of Wembley, the hope Grimsby would priortise the League, the other teams left ( I remember Grimsby away was the nightmare draw) were largely lower than us and then we never turned up on the day... a few of those in recent years

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm

cardtrick wrote:
There have been worse but the expectation was high with a dream of Wembley, the hope Grimsby would priortise the League, the other teams were largely lower than us and then we never turned up on the day... a few of those in recent years
Our performance that day was a fucking farce and a two fingers to nearly 100 supporters that had made a very long trip (some for the second time in four days) in utterly freezing conditions.

The players rightly got the stick the deserved as they trudged towards us

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Dan wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm
cardtrick wrote:
Our performance that day was a fucking farce and a two fingers to nearly 100 supporters that had made a very long trip (some for the second time in four days) in utterly freezing conditions.

Pretty sure we had 1 shot in the entire game. We even rested players on the Tuesday game in preparation. We still haven’t won a match in the Trophy since.

Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Yep, a Giuseppe Sole effort that was as straightforward as it gets for their keeper.

I wasn't there expecting a win against the tournament and promotion favourites. But my word did we stink the place out that day.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Dan wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm
cardtrick wrote:

I stayed up after the Tuesday match, it's safe to say the best days of my trip away were the Wednesday, Thursday & Friday......

From memory we had less than 20 there on the Tuesday and were treated to a drink by the Stewards, and at least we scored.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 pm

We had 10 including two groundhoppers. Great pre match 'Turner tour' beforehand
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 pm
We had 10 including two groundhoppers. Great pre match 'Turner tour' beforehand
God yes I remember that, at least we performed that day.