AGM

Cardelia

Re: AGM

Post by Cardelia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

DesCartes wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 am
With regard to the Naked Leader Twitter account, that specifically relates to, and is in support of, DT's professional business interests and has nothing to do with his involvement with Woking FC.
Remind me, who were the club's shirt sponsor last season?

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am

Cardelia wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am
DesCartes wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 am
With regard to the Naked Leader Twitter account, that specifically relates to, and is in support of, DT's professional business interests and has nothing to do with his involvement with Woking FC.
Remind me, who were the club's shirt sponsor last season?
We know the answer to that one, but I would argue that that's not relevant to the specific point I am making - i.e. the business-related Twitter account has nothing to do with the running of Woking FC, and there's no justification for damaging his business interests by using it in this way.

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:20 am

DesCartes wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:27 am
We know the answer to that one, but I would argue that that's not relevant to the specific point I am making - i.e. the business-related Twitter account has nothing to do with the running of Woking FC, and there's no justification for damaging his business interests by using it in this way.
I disagree. If DT wanted to keep his business life entirely separate from WFC, then (a) he shouldn't have allowed his business contacts to get so involved with footballing matters at WFC and (b) he shouldn't have used his business to sponsor WFC. He chose to do both, knowing that he would be associating WFC with The Naked Leader, and that he would also be associating The Naked Leader with WFC. It is not difficult to find examples of businesses being adversely affected by negative publicity surrounding sports clubs/events which they sponsor, from a very large scandal (FIFA corruption) to a relatively minor event (Ched Evans/Sheffield United). Sponsoring a club is a two-way process and the sponsor can't just glory in the good times and wash their hands of the bad times. It doesn't work like that.

On another note, given that DT's business contacts did get involved with matters at WFC where they had no right to get involved, it is only fair and proper that this information should be fed back to other people/businesses who may wish to use DT/The Naked Leader. Let them decide if they want Jarvis claiming to be chairman of the business on Twitter, or Sharman sticking his nose into important team meetings. If that's damaging to DT then too bad, because these are the people he associates with and this is what they do.

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm

On another note, given that DT's business contacts did get involved with matters at WFC where they had no right to get involved, it is only fair and proper that this information should be fed back to other people/businesses who may wish to use DT/The Naked Leader. Let them decide if they want Jarvis claiming to be chairman of the business on Twitter, or Sharman sticking his nose into important team meetings. If that's damaging to DT then too bad, because these are the people he associates with and this is what they do.

Ahh what you have to do there though is be very careful, for example you wouldn't want to be so foolish as to accidentally libel someone.

For example - Let them decide if they want Jarvis claiming to be chairman of the business on Twitter It was KS (not AJ) that claimed to be the CEO (not chairman)

Sharman sticking his nose into important team meetings We've heard the rumours but does anyone have any evidence a) he did this, b) he did this uninvited.

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:11 pm

That's interesting, Skippy: my memory must be playing tricks because I could have sworn it was Jarvis who sent the CEO tweet. Ah well, in that case my apologies to Mr Jarvis.

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:32 pm

It was Sharman who announced himself as CEO.

The team meeting (half time even) rumours are strong ones. The guy was a joke and if anything probably undermined Limbrick, a man he claimed he was loyal to.

You may as well have thrown KE in the dressing room for the hairdryer treatment than Sharman.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 pm

When there’s conclusive evidence that Jarvis made up that he had interviews at the BBC (amongst various other things highlighted by the New York Times) it’s only natural to be skeptical about him.

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 pm

After the New York Times exposed him he's now blocked non approved people from following his twitter