Fans Forum this Tuesday 12th June 7.30

peter jordan

Post by peter jordan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:49 pm

don't forget the Fans Forum this Tuesday organised by the Trust,
our new Manager Alan Dowson (Dowse) together with Martin Tyler will be talking about the new team and their plans for the season and
you will have a chance to ask questions from them both during the evening .
bring all your pals and show support for the new Management team

moordykespot

Re: Fans Forum this Tuesday 12th June 7.30

Post by moordykespot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Bit far for me to come for the Forum Have followed the signings with much interest. I do wonder about a couple of things concerning Players from last season. Does Mr>Dowson include Josh Staunton in his plans as he seems to be singing defenders with never a mention about Staunton who last time I heard has not spoken to to the new manager. + what has happened to Chez Issac who I thought made Woking a better team when he played.

GlenH

Post by GlenH » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm

moordykespot wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:14 pm
Bit far for me to come for the Forum Have followed the signings with much interest. I do wonder about a couple of things concerning Players from last season. Does Mr>Dowson include Josh Staunton in his plans as he seems to be singing defenders with never a mention about Staunton who last time I heard has not spoken to to the new manager. + what has happened to Chez Issac who I thought made Woking a better team when he played.
Staunton was on international duty straight after the season finished and I imagine went from there to a holiday so not that surprising he's not had chance to talk to him yet. He is on a 2 year contract though so unless a decent offer comes in then he's ours. The good news is that we've already got Gayle and Wassmer so we're already well prepared for his departure, should it happen, and we then get the added bonus of a bit of cash to reinvest. I agree about Chez but all the signs seem to suggest that we were only interested in keeping Staunton and the academy lads - three of whom have signed already and two (Charlie and Lazar) I imagine have offers available to them from us.

Also a bit far for me to travel mid-week but hope it's a good evening and that we get some reports back from kindly posters on here!

moordykespot

Post by moordykespot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

GlenH wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm
moordykespot wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:14 pm
Staunton was on international duty straight after the season finished and I imagine went from there to a holiday so not that surprising he's not had chance to talk to him yet. He is on a 2 year contract though so unless a decent offer comes in then he's ours. The good news is that we've already got Gayle and Wassmer so we're already well prepared for his departure, should it happen, and we then get the added bonus of a bit of cash to reinvest. I agree about Chez but all the signs seem to suggest that we were only interested in keeping Staunton and the academy lads - three of whom have signed already and two (Charlie and Lazar) I imagine have offers available to them from us.

Also a bit far for me to travel mid-week but hope it's a good evening and that we get some reports back from kindly posters on here!

moordykespot

Post by moordykespot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks for the Info Glenn

Jewsonstander1982

Post by Jewsonstander1982 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm

I might be working Tuesday night if not I will be down

Dan

Post by Dan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm

When I had a chat with Dowse at the tournament he said he came in and there was only 3 players left (I think they were Staunton, plus Carter and Appau had options to extend that we could invoke).

He seemed to agree we needed pretty much a clean sweep from top to bottom so I don't think any of the main contracted players will be invited back.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Three of us coming up from Selsey, looking forward to it!!

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Wow an experienced manager thinks we need a clean sweep and certain people on here think we should re-sign most of the shit from last season.

whatever next

Dowse's Daschund

Post by Dowse's Daschund » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 am

Hoping to make it but suspect the traffic from Reading may not help me.

I feel excited for the new season, complete fresh start from every angle - even the club shop being refreshed in terms of stock feels refreshing and Dowse, Dyer and Tyler have really put themselves about in the community from day one.

peter jordan

Post by peter jordan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Sorry to say that Martin Tyler will not be at Forum as he is flying out to Russia tomorrow morning for the World Cup
Ian Dyer ,assistant to Dowse will be in attendance and we expect a couple of new players also to attend
Martin sends his apologies

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

What sort of excuse is that?

'Sorry lads I've got to fly out to the World Cup'
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm
What sort of excuse is that?

'Sorry lads I've got to fly out to the World Cup'
Bloody part timers!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 pm

How many others clubs have members of their management team watching players out in Russia???

Now that is the ambition we need at Woking!!!

Rio

Post by Rio » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Regarding tomorrow night, is this going to follow the usual format of club related matters in the first half and manager/ team segment in the second?

Considering how many questions there are surrounding ‘off the field’ matters I’m fully expecting this not to happen.

moordykespot

Post by moordykespot » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:10 pm

I wonder in future Fans Forums a facility can be created allowing us far off fans to submit questions. ?

Bobbo

Post by Bobbo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Adrian wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 pm
How many others clubs have members of their management team watching players out in Russia???

Now that is the ambition we need at Woking!!!
Scouting Messi? LOL
80)

Quod non necat emunit.

Cjs

Post by Cjs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Did anyone get a picture of the kits??

TWR-Madrid Cardinal

Post by TWR-Madrid Cardinal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Anyone want to summarise for those of us who couldn't make it? Pleeaaasseeeee...
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Exciting footbally bits off the top of my head, for anyone who wasn't there:
  • The kits are with Kappa, and will be ready for the first game of the VNS season. Home kits will be red and white halves (obviously), away kit is blue. Green and 'fuschia' keeper kits.
  • Dowse would've taken the job whether or not he took Hampton up. "I'd taken the club as far as I could." He's wanted to manage here for years, and "the opportunity might've never come round again."
  • We'll be part time training next year; Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for pre season, and then Tues/Thurs during. They reckon that they can attract better players that way, as many VNS players can't commit to a full-time schedule.
  • We've signed Christian Jolley, a winger who was with Dowse last season at H&R. Dowse mentioned that he likes to bring players from previous teams to new ones, as they're like "bouncers" in the dressing room who set a certain standard. Said he'd like four or five, so we may well go back to H&R again.
  • Dowse would like to keeper Charlie Carter, but he also has options elsewhere, so it's up to him. He's chatting to Staunton tomorrow about what he'd like to do.
  • We've offered a deal to Nicke Kambamba, who had a silly scoring record with H&R before moving to Pompey last season. He has bigger offers from elsewhere. Think Dowse also mentioned looking at a striker from Dartford, but didn't say who other than he was bloody tall.

Cjs

Post by Cjs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm
  • The kits are with Kappa, and will be ready for the first game of the VNS season. Home kits will be red and white halves (obviously), away kit is blue. Green and 'fuschia' keeper kits.
  • Dowse would've taken the job whether or not he took Hampton up. "I'd taken the club as far as I could." He's wanted to manage here for years, and "the opportunity might've never come round again."
  • We'll be part time training next year; Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for pre season, and then Tues/Thurs during. They reckon that they can attract better players that way, as many VNS players can't commit to a full-time schedule.
  • We've signed Christian Jolley, a winger who was with Dowse last season at H&R. Dowse mentioned that he likes to bring players from previous teams to new ones, as they're like "bouncers" in the dressing room who set a certain standard. Said he'd like four or five, so we may well go back to H&R again.
  • Dowse would like to keeper Charlie Carter, but he also has options elsewhere, so it's up to him. He's chatting to Staunton tomorrow about what he'd like to do.
  • We've offered a deal to Nicke Kambamba, who had a silly scoring record with H&R before moving to Pompey last season. He has bigger offers from elsewhere. Think Dowse also mentioned looking at a striker from Dartford, but didn't say who other than he was bloody tall.
Anything about Max Kretchmar?

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Cjs wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm
Not specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the bouncers that Dowse was referring to, and maybe we'd have a certain appeal seeing as he's been here before.

Cjs

Post by Cjs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 pm
Cjs wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm
Not specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the bouncers that Dowse was referring to, and maybe we'd have a certain appeal seeing as he's been here before.
The striker from Dartford appears to be Ofori-Acheampong who will go well with Kretschmar in terms of name 😂

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:56 pm

He's been pursuing Kabamba for a while and he's literally pulled his pants down for Havant.

If they aren't interested we're surely a great option to relaunch his career with a manager who helped start it for him

TWR-Madrid Cardinal

Post by TWR-Madrid Cardinal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Great summary, thank you very much!
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."