Hampton forum

Stoo

Hampton forum

Post by Stoo » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm

There’s a poster on the H&RB forum who seems fairly certain Dowson’s coming to us, but cited his reasoning as hearing Rosemary speaking today.

I’m just wondering in what context that could be?

I don’t think RJ would go shooting her mouth off the day before the official announcement, whomever it was that we were going to employ.

If he did come to us, it would be a pretty good appointment I think. He certainly has a reputation for playing the game the right way, as he’s proven with the job he’s done at Hampton.

Still something doesn’t totally add up to me, but listening to his interview did make me think he was moving on.

Not long before we find out, I guess.

AndyT

Re: Hampton forum

Post by AndyT » Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 pm

What didn’t add up?

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 pm

I just don’t understand why he’d be interviewing with us if he’s only one game away from taking Hampton into the National League.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Agreed, seems a tad odd. Obviously there’s something going on at Hampton we don’t know about.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Mon May 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Do Hampton have any money? Unless you really rate yourself would you rather have a decent budget in NLS or face a long season of toil and long trips up north?

Bowler Hat

Post by Bowler Hat » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Taken H&R as far as they can go etc etc. More potential with us.

Rumours today that Tisdale will leave Exeter to join MK Dons even if Exeter promoted through play offs. It does happen.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm

BFG left Windsor for Woking when they were a division above us.
The most loyal fan to miss Wembley 1994.
Author of "we've got Dereck Brown........Yes! "

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Bowler Hat wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 pm
Taken H&R as far as they can go etc etc. More potential with us.

Rumours today that Tisdale will leave Exeter to join MK Dons even if Exeter promoted through play offs. It does happen.
Why on earth would you want to leave a proper club for a fabricated one, especially when you’re on the verge of achieving promotion.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 am

Money, budget, potential, not in Wurzel country?

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 am

Meerkat wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 am
Money, budget, potential, not in Wurzel country?
Money: If money’s no issue then why did they go down? If there’s plenty of money there then they shouldn’t have gone down. Perhaps Wankleman is getting bored of it as they’re not in the Champions League yet.

Budget: see above.

Potential: The white elephant that is Franchise Stadium has the capacity but has the towns have. I’m not sure all the Celtic and Rangers fans are really that interested.

Exeter v Milton Keynes - haha not even a contest