MOM Today

Bingos

MOM Today

Post by Bingos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:32 pm

I thought Lathrope was MOM today, passed the ball well in the 1st half and made some good challenges. Staunton did well too. In fact, I thought they all did well, apart from Banton! He might as well have been sat next to me, for what he contributed! We're closer to the playoffs now, thank relegation!

Sad to see a club like Chester struggle; I know they have financial problems, but they've got to be one of the poorest sides I've seen this season and I don't hold out much hope for them staying up.

Kanu's Nan

Re: MOM Today

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Lathrope was excellent. Does everything we’ve been crying out for. Hopefully he can stay fit.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Dan

Post by Dan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm

A game in hand that if won would take us 12th. Probably around fair for this season.

We'll be safe, no doubts about that so hopefully things are taken care of off the pitch so we can have a better go again next time round.

Good to see Nathan Ralph's recovered from transferwindowitis.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:00 pm

And it was a serious dose too.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

alan

Post by alan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

i thought it was Grego- Cox, got through a lot on his own and was always a threat.

Since85

Post by Since85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Agreed about Greco Their giant 6 must having been crapping himself every time he got the ball. White(9) looked capable but poor old Chester were 2nd to nearly every challenge and look doomed

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Thought Lathrope was absolute quality. More positional discipline that Kane 'GIVE ME THE BALL BACK' Ferdinand, and can pull off the forty yard crossfield balls even in today's conditions - him stretching the pitch was a huge contributor to a strong first half. I'd have given MOTM to him in spite of Staunton's good display and vital goal.
Bingos wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:32 pm
Sad to see a club like Chester struggle; I know they have financial problems, but they've got to be one of the poorest sides I've seen this season and I don't hold out much hope for them staying up.
I thought Chester looked like they had some quality in places, but were a side utterly bereft of any confidence. Aside from hitting the bar in what was a relatively easy chance even with the bobble, they had a chance in the second half where the ball was whipped in and the striker threw himself at it like a spider monkey, limbs flailing in some sort of pseudo bicycle kick, and it just bounced out off him for a goal kick. It smacked of desperation more than anything.

Ashcard

Post by Ashcard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Lathrope was my motm today. As has been said, he appears to be the Ricketts type player we have been missing but with an eye to pick out a really good pass.

Chester were apart from maybe Torquay the poorest team to visit Kingfield this season. Apart from that sitter, did they actually get a proper shot on target? We were barely breaking into a sweat, we didn't need to until the ref decided he wanted to even it up a bit as a contest. Even then they didn't look that great.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Great to see Lathrope. Exactly what we need. And Ferdinand had a good game, like a man who needs someone with him to sure up the middle. It’s funny we judge players on their own, but if the system doesn’t suit them, it’s tough for them to excel. Look at Pogba at United (I’m aware of the absurdity of the Ferdinand/Pogba comparison)... Jose playing him as a holding midfielder is killing his natural game