Todays Referee

mussy

Todays Referee

Post by mussy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I have seen some shit officials over the years at Woking but todays ref takes the biscuit. 9 Yellow cards - ridiculous.

Red and White Army

Re: Todays Referee

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm

The red card was a complete joke. If he genuinely thought that was a sending off he should never officiate at this level again. Even the Chester twitter knew it was a terrible.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:34 pm

No one kicked off like it was a bad tackle and there was a “what!!” from everybody in the ground when he got the red card out

Skybluecard

Post by Skybluecard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:52 pm

It was all about him.. the little idiot should never take charge at this level again!!!

doylie

Post by doylie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm

What a complete inept bellend, the totally neutral steward next to us was in stitches over the red card.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Obviously in the moment it didn’t look a red. Will await the video footage.

Generally the man was a buffoon. Got everything wrong.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm
That’s far more sanguine than what you were saying at the time!

I actually thought it funny when he was getting ‘negative feedback’ from Moaners’ and smiled at us then we got a ridiculous booking for non existent time-wasting seconds later. My fellow Moaners not so much amused as apoplectic.
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Growler wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm
Kanu's Nan wrote:

I actually thought it funny when he was getting ‘negative feedback’ from Moaners’ and smiled at us then we got a ridiculous booking for non existent time-wasting seconds later. My fellow Moaners not so much amused as apoplectic.
Well no - but in the heat of the moment it required a more direct method of feedback than i’ll give on here! If it’s as bad a decision as it looked, then we’ll get it overturned.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Buspasscard

Post by Buspasscard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:31 pm

I know that the standard is at times pretty poor, but this expletive really needs deleting from the league's list.

No appeal from the Chester players at the tackle and never on any of the bookings did he give himself even a handful of seconds to actually think.

But he kept his hand aloft until the goal-kicks had been taken to obviously he would get full marks from any assessor.

Nob

MrC

Post by MrC » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Unbelievably poor - looked like he was guessing virtually every decision - encapsulated everything that is bad about certain refs, i.e. does not realise that it is NOT all about him, and the fact he had fucking nerve to grin at us on moaners and then give a pointless yellow card is a disgrace.. thought I might lose the plot at that point...

How Matt young got a red today and the thug from Fylde walks of the pitch Scott free, makes me want to spit.

I know part of my enjoyment of watching the Cards is to have a good yell at the officials but today sent to me new levels - thank God we got three points otherwise I think I might have exploded

Cookie147

Post by Cookie147 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Quite possibly the worst referee I've ever seen.

JAM

Post by JAM » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm

4 yellows and a red, none of which were worthy of the card given. I am led to believe he was the same ref who sent Chez off at Eastleigh so he has previous with us. The yellow for time wasting by Moaners and for Josh for kicking the ball away when he was in 'mid kick' when the whistle was blown were unreal, as was the red card.
Good job Lloydie was in the stand and not on the pitch today as not sure he would have lasted the whole game with the ref. Would love to know what he thought.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 pm

The man was outstandingly incompetent.

Chester supporter sitting near me in the LGS was as enraged about the sending off as we were.

photocard

Post by photocard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Growler wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm
Kanu's Nan wrote:

The time wasting was bad, and if the opposition had done it i’d have been screaming blue murder! However he got pretty much everything else wrong, and was one of the worst refs i’ve seen in 27 years of watching the cards.

Ashcard

Post by Ashcard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm

JAM wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm
4 yellows and a red, none of which were worthy of the card given. I am led to believe he was the same ref who sent Chez off at Eastleigh so he has previous with us. The yellow for time wasting by Moaners and for Josh for kicking the ball away when he was in 'mid kick' when the whistle was blown were unreal, as was the red card.
Good job Lloydie was in the stand and not on the pitch today as not sure he would have lasted the whole game with the ref. Would love to know what he thought.
Yes it was definitely the same Ref as Eastleigh, Chris O'Donnell. He should stick to being Batman's Robin!

On top of a similar impulsive straight red for Isaac that day, there was that perfectly good goal we scored from a corner he disallowed for no reason.

I don't think he likes us.

GodalmingCard

Post by GodalmingCard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:39 pm

I agree with all the above - one of the worst referees I’ve seen.
Made me swear at him in front of my kids with that yellow card for non-existent time wasting.
But what can we as fans do to ensure the referees assoc is aware - to make sure they’re aware and hope he doesn’t officiate in this league again. He really is a disgrace. His conduct on another day could cause serious crowd problems, the man is a liability.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 pm

I just saw the highlights on BT. It will surprise no one that I say it was never a red card.

old brian

Post by old brian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 am

I think that the way the referees organisation works brings them into disrepute. There appears, despite assessors that decisions are always correct and referees are never wrong. I cannot ever recall any statement from them regarding the poor standard of referees they put out or their decisions. They should be more transparent, at the moment they are not fit for purpose.