Questions for Dowse...Friday catch up

Red and White Army

Re: Questions for Dowse...Friday catch up

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:52 pm
When did refs give up telling players to pull their socks up?
When Casey started reffing games.

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Are we still able to post questions?

David1

Post by David1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:36 am

Yes

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:16 am

Great news, will post some on this thread later on today.

Cheers.

MattA

Post by MattA » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Two questions for Dowse.

Could he provide subtitles on his Friday catch up?

Bigg Market or Quayside?

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:57 am

Hi, some questions for Dowse;

1) At what point in your career did management start to become a part of your future thoughts?
2) What part/significant event in your career do you feel has moulded your management style?
3) If you were able to add one player to our squad, what postition would that player play in and why?
4) Given your comments about viewing games from the stand, during your recent ban, is this something you will look to actively choose to do In future?
5) As there are no Tv rights for our games, from what I am aware, would you and the club be amenable to live streaming home matches via the web, for fans who live remotely to either view for free or purchase?
6) So far during your time in charge of Woking FC, what would you say has surprised you the most and what has been your biggest success/achievement?

David1

Post by David1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:28 am

Some excellent ones there. I would say he's covered 4) in a Friday Catch Up - http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/tv/v/1067/1/

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 am

5) As there are no Tv rights for our games, from what I am aware, would you and the club be amenable to live streaming home matches via the web, for fans who live remotely to either view for free or purchase?

You are welcome to ask Dowse this but I imagine he wouldn't have a clue!

To answer your question - there are TV rights for our games. The National League hold the rights to broadcast all matches. Clubs can only "stream" (this would include having full matches or highlights on YouTube) video at midnight on Sunday following Saturday matches and 10pm the next day following weekday matches.

David1

Post by David1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks for clearing that up, Mick.

Bertie

Post by Bertie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 am

GladToBeHere wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:57 am

3) If you were able to add one player to our squad, what postition would that player play in and why?
How to motivate the player (s) currently in that position

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm

If you can get ex-players down to matches, can you also try and get them to training?

Clive Walker could have a big influence on Wheeler and a right winger when we get one. The crosses are not quite there which is why we're not scoring in open play.

Maybe Darren Hay can help with timing runs and where to attack when the crosses do come in?
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:35 pm

David1 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:28 am
Some excellent ones there. I would say he's covered 4) in a Friday Catch Up - http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/tv/v/1067/1/
Thanks for sorting that one out David, had missed that comment from Dowse.

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Bertie wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 am
GladToBeHere wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:57 am

How to motivate the player (s) currently in that position
I would be tempted to not look so negatively about this question. As a fan I'm looking to see if Dowse wants to add to the squad and in what area. I don't see this as giving him an option to get a sly dig into current members of the squad.

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mick wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 am

You are welcome to ask Dowse this but I imagine he wouldn't have a clue!

To answer your question - there are TV rights for our games. The National League hold the rights to broadcast all matches. Clubs can only "stream" (this would include having full matches or highlights on YouTube) video at midnight on Sunday following Saturday matches and 10pm the next day following weekday matches.
Thanks for sorting that one out for me Mick. All makes sense now and makes me wish even more I didn't have a 550 mile round trip to watch a home game.

David1

Post by David1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:59 pm

GladToBeHere wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

I would be tempted to not look so negatively about this question. As a fan I'm looking to see if Dowse wants to add to the squad and in what area. I don't see this as giving him an option to get a sly dig into current members of the squad.
The problem is that the player(s) currently in that position would see it as such imv.

GladToBeHere

Post by GladToBeHere » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:12 pm

David1 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:59 pm
GladToBeHere wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

The problem is that the player(s) currently in that position would see it as such imv.
Fair enough, not after causing people unnecessary hurt. Happy to have question disregarded.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Woking had a lot of possession and attacked over and over at Chippenham without really looking like scoring. Without a soft penalty and a deflected cross we would have lost. What needs to be done to get that cutting edge to score from open play?
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

wokingbob

Post by wokingbob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 pm

So Dowse, the first round proper of the FA Cup is upon us. It seems a number of players will be available to you that haven't been for a while. What are your thoughts? Stick with the team thats started to gel or put your best individual players together and hope they 'click', or something else?
Optimism IS my middle name. This season REALLY IS the one tho.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 pm

jonwoozley wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Woking had a lot of possession and attacked over and over at Chippenham without really looking like scoring. Without a soft penalty and a deflected cross we would have lost. What needs to be done to get that cutting edge to score from open play?
Hodges would have shot, 1-2 and one of the strikers would have turned the cross in, 2-2.

Is this a real question?
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 pm
jonwoozley wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm
Hodges would have shot, 1-2 and one of the strikers would have turned the cross in, 2-2.

Is this a real question?
As good as Hodges is he doesn't have a shot on him.
The cross would have gone to the keeper.
Yes.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:13 am

1 goal from open play in the last 4 games makes it a fairly valid question.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 am

The answer is Harvey Bradbury

The question would be, is he coming back or do we now file him under 'Wassmer'?
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one